Text disapears when I leave and come back...Support

Last Updated:

1. ChaseQ

ChaseQ Member This Topic's Starter

Couldnt find an answer to this...

Say Im typing a text message and a call comes in or I go to another app or screen for some reason,(didnt send text) then come back to the messaging app the test I was typing(but didnt finish and send) is gone and I have to retype it.

Is there a setting so it doesnt delete it?

The Pre was nice because it would keep the typed unsent test till it was deleted or sent.

Advertisement
  2. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Usually, if you're an app like that (the stock messaging one, in particular) when you hit either the back/home buttons, there's a pause after you hit it, a popup comes up and says 'Message saved as draft'. What that means is the phone stored whatever message you were typing to whatever contact(s). The next time you open the app, it WILL be blank as if nothing was typed. Go back to the messaging app's or whatever's first (initial/home) screen, and hit menu. If it saved the message(s), there will be an option labeled as 'Drafts'. click that, continue typing, and send. It'll then remove that message from the drafts section as if nothing happened. You can also delete lengthy messages this way (one or two paragraphs, as I do often).

3. Cobravision

Cobravision Well-Known Member

Use Handcent and you will never have this problem with texting.

Otherwise, follow Foodman's directions.

It's funny, I've been using Handcent since day one because that was probably the one app everyone was recommending, so I've never used the stock texting app. But it's apparently crap.

4. Thefoodman52

It's actually not bad. I prefer it over handcent now. I USED to love it, when I had the Moment, but that's probably because I always hated the stock 1.5 and 2.1 Android messaging app. I can't imagine the 2.2 app is any better, but for HTC, I'm actually giving them some praise for their sense-themed and functioned messenger.

5. Slick1020

Slick1020 Banned

Handcent just sounds funny. I use stock!

6. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

Im on stock too, I try not to cloud up the OS with all that junk anymore.

7. ChaseQ

ChaseQ Member This Topic's Starter

Ya I noticed this with email. I was more wondering about the text. Sometimes Im typing a text and a call comes in after the call go back to the txt and what I typed is gone. No drafts in text.

Checked out handcent but it had some really mixed reviews and some saying it really screwed stuff up. So thats my choices hu?

8. Thefoodman52

More or less, yea. If it's not saving your message as a draft upon the app being covered over (phone call, whatever), something may be up though.