• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text entry box navigation

Still grappling with the on-screen keyboard on my HTC Desire (came frmo BB).

One thing that continues to annoy me is that when I am entering longer strings of text (eg Facebook comments/status, emails) there is no way for me to go back in the text to change or correct something. I either have to backspace all the way there, or have to try and put the cursor there by touching the screen at just the right place - either my fingers are too big or the screen isn't sensitive enough as I can never get this right.

why can't there be up/down/left/right arrows to move the cursor within the text entry box?

And another thing - there are some entry fields where the keyboard pops up and actually obscures the text entry box other than the first line and you can't see what you're typing.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones