• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text message from iPhone comes in wrong time stamp

Ok so my wife has an iPhone 13 pro and I have a Samsung galaxy s23 ultra (This was happening with my s21 ultra as well a few weeks ago).
When we text each other one of her text messages will come in with a later time stamp...for instance if we are going back and forth texting at 8:00am all of a sudden one of her texts will come in and it will have a time stamp of 8:07am so every text before that 8:07am text will fall behind that one leaving it as the latest text. This will happen throughout the conversation making it very confusing... any ideas?

Pretty sure it's the Android Messages. It's not the Google messages. Yes, the wrong time is on my s21 and now s23, not here IPhone
android does not have its own messaging app other than google's message app. you are probably using samsung's messaging app which comes included in all of samsung's phones. hmmmm that is odd. try wiping cache for the messaging app and see if that helps. have you tried just rebooting the phone? when did this all start? from the beginning? or after an update? or just randomly happened? is the time correct also on the phone?

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
android does not have its own messaging app other than google's message app. you are probably using samsung's messaging app which comes included in all of samsung's phones. hmmmm that is odd. try wiping cache for the messaging app and see if that helps. have you tried just rebooting the phone? when did this all start? from the beginning? or after an update? or just randomly happened? is the time correct also on the phone?
You are right! It's Samsung messages. I've been using that since I first started with Samsung phones (s3 I think). So I had a s21 and my wife traveled to California for the weekend with her IPhone 13 pro. Don't quite recall but I think messages were fine while she was in California. Then when she came back is when the issue started. Not sure if it was the same day she was back or a few days later. I didn't do update and she didn't either. I cleared my cache nothing. This does not happen all the time, so not every message me and her make to each does it do it. Then I upgraded my phone to an s23 ultra, so brand new phone fully up to date. Same issue. We have both check the phones time to make sure it's correct. Everything is correct. It must be on her phone because now I have a brand new phone.

Upvote 0
Does her phone have an actual SIM or is it esim? If a card then take it out, restart the phone and put it back in. If an esim then go into settings and reset carrier settings (not the esim but carrier). It'll just re-hook up to the towers, you may have to re-add the WiFi password etc. (this can be done even if you leave the SIM card in).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones