• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Text Message HOTFIX - by Verizon for HTC Incredible

Crosley123

May 12, 2010
Verizon just gave me a hotfix for an issue I have not seen reported here.

Two days ago, I received no text messages in the morning, which is very odd considering I get over 200 a day. I sent a text message to my wife and BOOM! suddenly I received over 30 texts. Just assumed Verizon was having issues so I did nothing as texts resumed normally.

Today, same thing. Chatted with Verizon and after meaningless troubleshooting (look for dust under the battery? Seriously?) they transferred me to backline support.

Backline support immediately told me there is an undetermined issue with the HTC Incredible and HTC has supplied a hotfix for those users calling in with texting issues. Verizon was still unsure what causes the issue, but were confident the hotifx would solve it. Sent me to a third party website, downloaded the hotfix, and all appeared normal, although texts are lagging a bit.

ANYONE have any similar issue? This seems very odd considering the age of the phone and the lack of any updates lately. And as a side note, I have NOT installed the latest update to the Inc that is being released in the last few weeks.

Help??

Verizon just gave me a hotfix for an issue I have not seen reported here.

Two days ago, I received no text messages in the morning, which is very odd considering I get over 200 a day. I sent a text message to my wife and BOOM! suddenly I received over 30 texts. Just assumed Verizon was having issues so I did nothing as texts resumed normally.

Today, same thing. Chatted with Verizon and after meaningless troubleshooting (look for dust under the battery? Seriously?) they transferred me to backline support.

Backline support immediately told me there is an undetermined issue with the HTC Incredible and HTC has supplied a hotfix for those users calling in with texting issues. Verizon was still unsure what causes the issue, but were confident the hotifx would solve it. Sent me to a third party website, downloaded the hotfix, and all appeared normal, although texts are lagging a bit.

ANYONE have any similar issue? This seems very odd considering the age of the phone and the lack of any updates lately. And as a side note, I have NOT installed the latest update to the Inc that is being released in the last few weeks.

Help??
that hotfix was sent out a while back also, i'll see if i can locate a link to it.

edit: here's the link: http://dl3.htc.com/misc/inc8049.apk

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I rebooted it, and actually threw it in the freezer to cool it down, and now its just warm, not amazing skin burning hot, just warm, and well I'm hoping it stays cool.

So I have it on the charger, wifi off, screen brightness at 0%, mobile turned off, and just sending and getting text messages and that's is all I'm doing, and it is still pretty cool, a little warm, but I doubt this is a full fix but a small one that helps in normal day to day usage.

just got off the phone with a family member and the darm thing didn't want to burn my beard off, so I think its a better fix than I think, but I will say I like the fact it isn't burning off my hands. Even after extended use of 10 mins or more.

Upvote 0
Update to my post: I've had the HOTFIX for several days now and I cannot tell any difference! My original complaint was I no longer received voicemails or text messages. However, if I send a text message to someone, then the text messages suddenly appear!

Post hotfix, no difference. Any suggestions anyone? Is this a Verizon thing? Seems like an odd HTC problem.

Upvote 0
I have the same exact issue... all of a sudden, I stopped receiving text messages. I can send them out ok, but not receive. This is about 4 days now. I finally contacted VZN and went through a series of tests, updates, etc.. nothing. After going to Level 2 technical support, the rep on the end indicated that it seems to be a network related issue on THEIR end. The rep said the fix should take 3-5 days.

Glad I found this thread though.. I will try the hotfix.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones