• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Text message

Timm129

Feb 15, 2011
I'm new to the text message so I have a question. If I sign up for these text messages that send coupons and other "deals" out to you will I regret giving out my phone number? Is it like giving out your email address and then having it plugged up with garbage??

Thanks

I'm new to the text message so I have a question. If I sign up for these text messages that send coupons and other "deals" out to you will I regret giving out my phone number? Is it like giving out your email address and then having it plugged up with garbage??

Thanks

It depends on the service you wish to sign up for. Also, read the fine print as some services will charge your cell account a monthly fee.
Also in the fine print is usually how to unsubscribe to the service.
Just read everything before subscribing and make sure you understand how to unsubscribe in the event it turns out they're spamming your phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones