Text Messages Picture

Last Updated:

1. StrifeJester

StrifeJester Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I could be wrong but I could've swore that in 2.1 the image that was on my google account and things like maps or talk was used for text messages as well. Now in FroYo I no longer have that and have to stare at the gray droid logo. I do have 2 google accounts syncing and was thinking that may be the cause. If anyone knows a fix for this or if I am just doing something wrong any help would be appreciated. One other one is google talk it seems no longer uses the persons contact photo if they have not set one on their google profile. The name also does not update like it used to from what I can see. Sorry to be so long winded.

Advertisement
  2. jcernik

jcernik Active Member

What I have done as a mild solution is added my number to my contacts list and then put a picture in for the logo. If there is another "normal" syncing fix please enlighten.

3. StrifeJester

Thats what I was thinking about doing but I find it a little ridiculous to have to add myself to a smart phone that is 100% tied to my google account. I guess I will have to do that too unless someone does have a better idea I would love to hear it.

4. tyneusch

tyneusch Well-Known Member

If you use the app Handsent, you not only can customize the picture for each contact, or import them from Facebook but you can also customize your entire text and MMS experience. I have used this app from day 7 and love it!

5. Gladiator341

Gladiator341 New Member

Yep just add yourself to your contacts. Quick and easy.

6. StrifeJester

I am trying to think if I did this before? I have a cousin with the same name and merging always has fun with it. Maybe I did and when I split it somehow I just lost one.

7. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

I have the same problem, are you Greek too? I always get a kick out of watching My Big Fat Greek Wedding when all of the cousins are getting introduced, LOL!