• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text Messages Picture

I could be wrong but I could've swore that in 2.1 the image that was on my google account and things like maps or talk was used for text messages as well. Now in FroYo I no longer have that and have to stare at the gray droid logo. I do have 2 google accounts syncing and was thinking that may be the cause. If anyone knows a fix for this or if I am just doing something wrong any help would be appreciated. One other one is google talk it seems no longer uses the persons contact photo if they have not set one on their google profile. The name also does not update like it used to from what I can see. Sorry to be so long winded.

I am trying to think if I did this before? I have a cousin with the same name and merging always has fun with it. Maybe I did and when I split it somehow I just lost one.

I have the same problem, are you Greek too? I always get a kick out of watching My Big Fat Greek Wedding when all of the cousins are getting introduced, LOL!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones