• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Text notification sound

simagic

Mar 29, 2012
I have the "original " note......I cant seem to be able to change the sound of my text alert. Of course I went into settings / sound /notification ringtone and changed it. It WONT change. I even tried going to the app store and downloaded a ringtone app. That still didn't work. I took the battery out and re-installed it. that didn't work. Anyone else have this problem?? Any ideas

You have to change settings within the Message app itself, not within the general Sound settings.

I only downloaded the app to "try" to get "something" to work. The text notification sounds that are in the phone itself wont change. It's "stuck on" one certain tone . When i click on the other sounds that are available in the original phone, it will not change. The phone "ringer" will change for calls but wont change for notifications. As I mention in my original post....." Of course I went into settings / sound /notification ringtone and changed it. It WONT change."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones