• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Text Problem Fix For Dummys

miesc

Jan 6, 2011
OK so we have all had the multiple text problem with our Europas. Samsung have now released the firmware update to cure this problem and so far it seems to work.

1: remove the old Kies V1.5 from your PC (control panel, Programs and Features, select Samsung Kies and then click install/Change)

2: reboot PC

3: go to Support for Galaxy Europa SAMSUNG select tab Firmware Update and download and install the current Kies. This takes ages.

4: Reboot PC again

5: Start Kies

6: Plug in the phone and the new firmware box should come up.

7: If this does not work try uninstalling and reinstalling Kies.

Hope this works for you.

Reactions: europadroid
Ive reinstalled Kies about six times and it still says, and i quote
" This is the latest firmware"

Current Firmware Version : PDA:JK1 / Phone:JI1 / CSC:JK1
Latest Version Fimware : PDA:JK1 / Phone:JI1 / CSC:JK1

Why is it that it updates for some but not all? I know you dont know but its still a good question.
Im getting on the phone to Samsung UK tomorrow, i need to vent:mad:.
Any way Im glad its working for some ppl.

Upvote 0
I was thinking....in terms of Windows platform and whether peeps get the update easily or not...does that make a difference? I am on Vista, and it was straight-forward for me, just as miesc describes. But what about Windows 7 or XP, does this make a difference I wonder?
LOL, great minds think alike.
I dual boot 7 ultimate with vista premium and both OS's say same thing, i even tried another comp running 7 (not ultimate, the one below) still same thing.
Thx for number bro, off to ring them now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones