• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Texting/Calls over Wifi

Lazy Phones

Lurker
Dec 2, 2014
I am new to this forum and to the Note 4, this is my first phone away from an iphone so bear with me.

I work at a remote site in Alaska for two weeks at a time with no cellular signal but we do have access to wifi. On my previous iPhone I didn't have a problem sending texts over wifi but with my Note 4 it doesn't allow me to. Same thing when using google hangout. Do you have any suggestions to get me back on track.
I have done a bunch of searches up to this point so here is why I joined this forum. Thanks, LP

I thought hangouts worked on WiFi. Maybe it a setting. I did video chat with my wife when she went to the Dominican and I was too cheap to pay for overseas service. She used the hotel WiFi.

BTW, I moved this to the Android Applications forum where more folks will see it and hopefully offer ideas.:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones