• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Texting issue today

uncrx2003

Lurker
Jul 5, 2010
Has anyone have this issue? When I click on somebody to text from the main text list, I can text them no problem. But when I click the back arrow to go back to the main texting list, it keeps going back to the home screen. Only start doing this today. I have no idea why. I have rebooted my phone and still doing the same think. I have to go back and forth several times before I can get to the texting list screen. Any help would be appreciated.

Has anyone have this issue? When I click on somebody to text from the main text list, I can text them no problem. But when I click the back arrow to go back to the main texting list, it keeps going back to the home screen. Only start doing this today. I have no idea why. I have rebooted my phone and still doing the same think. I have to go back and forth several times before I can get to the texting list screen. Any help would be appreciated.

Hmm I don't have this issue, but my issue is weird. After a bit of texting, I'll push back to the list of texts, push back again and it goes back to who I was just texting, I push back again, goes back to the list of texts, push back again and goes back to the person I was texting. Why I'm saying this is because after I do that over a few times, it finally goes back to the home screen. 2.1 I didn't have this problem. If I pushed back, it goes back to the list, like normal, and if I pushed back again, it'll close out/go to homescreen. I'm guessing it's doing this because of the amount of times i've opened the texting/messaging app, and texted that person, and it saved every footstep of the way.

Upvote 0
Hmm I don't have this issue, but my issue is weird. After a bit of texting, I'll push back to the list of texts, push back again and it goes back to who I was just texting, I push back again, goes back to the list of texts, push back again and goes back to the person I was texting. Why I'm saying this is because after I do that over a few times, it finally goes back to the home screen. 2.1 I didn't have this problem. If I pushed back, it goes back to the list, like normal, and if I pushed back again, it'll close out/go to homescreen. I'm guessing it's doing this because of the amount of times i've opened the texting/messaging app, and texted that person, and it saved every footstep of the way.

This irritated the...PISSSSSSS out of me.
I realized what the problem is, just today actually.

After writing a text, from that conversation, I usually always press the 'Home" button. BUT, to properly exit, press 'Back' to go to the message list, then 'Back' again to exit messages. Or if you wanna leave the conversation up because you are going to be texting that person a lot, then leave it up and lock the screen.

Believe me. Restart your phone, and go through the day and press 'BACK' after EVERY time youre done with the conversation to exit. I did today, and didnt have the problem once.

For some reason, when you keep pressing 'Home', all the conversations seem to pile up, and you have to exit every single time you pressed
Home instead of Back. Lame, but try it. Hopefully there will be a fix.

Reactions: ThatNewAndroidGuy
Upvote 0
i have the same exact issues as you guys and started a while AFTER the froyo update.

i have something additional too... when i do back out, it doesnt go to my homepage: instead it goes to my 3rd page to the right and i have to slide back to my homepage. strange.

Yup, mine does that too. At first, I had no idea what screen that was. Had to hit the home button when this happens.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones