• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Texting out of the country

sammie2

Sep 10, 2010
Hey guys,

I have a Droid Incredible through Verizon. I met a guy while going to Japan who has a USA number but has the ability to receive and send texts.

I was wondering if I get billed if I send or receive text messages? He is still in Japan and he uses an iphone.

Hey guys,

I have a Droid Incredible through Verizon. I met a guy while going to Japan who has a USA number but has the ability to receive and send texts.

I was wondering if I get billed if I send or receive text messages? He is still in Japan and he uses an iphone.

You have to check your plan to see what the charges are. You will basically you will be texting to a USA number from a USA number. You will also have to find out if his USA number is local to you or not and see what your plan is for sending and receiving texts from where you live to where in the US this other number is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones