Texts bouncing back with too few digits when replyingSupport

Last Updated:

1. thenrik

thenrik Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi:

My contacts are all setup as area code+xxxxxxx. I'm using the stock messaging app on my Moment. I get a text from someone in my contacts and reply to it. The text bounces back as not being in the ten digit format.

Is this because of the way the sender has their number configured or have I failed to setup texting correctly?

I called Sprint and they suggested a hard reset but I think the rep was clueless.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom

Advertisement
  2. omgitsallama

omgitsallama New Member

I've been having the same problem on my Hero, but I haven't found any solutions yet...it seems like it's only giving the error when I reply to people who aren't on Sprint. I've tried talking to customer service, but of course, they were no help. I really hope this is fixed...:confused:

3. Jedi Neo

Jedi Neo Member

I do not seem to have that issue. However all the numbers out if my area code have the 1 inn front of the number. EX: 1 (123) 456-7890. Hope this helps.

4. jrmckins

jrmckins Well-Known Member

my wife is getting this. it's really weird since she's not replying, she's sending it from the contact list (the number for the contact has 10 digits).