• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

doomedromance

Android Enthusiast
Nov 9, 2009
The Left Coast
Thank you too this whole Droid community. You all are awesome. I love my rooted Droid, Bugless Beast, just started loving the Bugless Evolution Port and Gala Themed Lithium Mod.

Last night I dropped my phone sitting at a booth at the bar. It fell not even 3ft onto a carpeted platform, not concrete or anything hard like that. I picked it up and the screen didn't turn on. I could swipe and feel it unlock, the keyboard lit up, but the screen was blank and black.

I was like shit, I'm going to have to say I lost it and pay insurance for it. But nope. Because of this forums and the whole Droid community I was able to flash the 2.2 sbf file through RSD Lite even though I couldn't see my screen. Back to stock no trace of root. I even was able to mount my phone before that by muscle memory and back up my SD card and remove all traces of root applications just in case.

Now they're sending me a "new" one for free (no store in the area had one). I just hope it's not the flat keyboard and its still bubbly like mine. Cause the flat keyboard sucks. :(

Reactions: gnath9
I gotta give a big THANKS also..
I can't to begin to list the names of all the folks.. I have been debating the big plunge to root since I got the droid 4 months ago. When I decided I wanted to change a simple unlock/lock sound and learned I had to root to gain access to those system files that was all it took.

installed LFY 1.41 (was extremly happy)
finally said what the hell got and tried a slayer 1.1 kernel just a few hours ago with setcpu clockings..

OH MY GOD
Bobby it's FAST...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones