• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root THCDEV method for unlocking EVO 4G LTE

Jul 11, 2012
I have gotten all of the files downloaded and I am now at the CMD window, but right after i type in to get the identifier token I am stuck staring at the words "waiting for device". how long am i supposed to wait before I call it quits? :thinking: I have been waiting for about half an hour already.

Ok now 15 minuets later I get a message saying that USB device is unrecognized. does any one know what this is about?

Make sure USB debugging is checked in Settings. Also delete HTC Sync from your computer. Actually, delete everything that says HTC. Plug your phone in, and it should reload the drivers. Don't install HTC sync. Open your control panel and make sure the drivers are the only thing installed.

Also shut your computers antivirus software off temporarily. Sometimes that messes with the connection as well.

Lastly, make sure the cmd window is referencing the correct folder where you have the SDK set up.

The almighty command prompt does mock thee, but you shall prevail! :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones