• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly.

smoker91

Lurker
Jul 18, 2011
hey guys ,
Wazzup !!

I got this annoying problem on my new Samsung Galaxy 3 I5801 mobile.
When i go to the desktop screen & hold tap so that i can get the option of "add widget" & many more., then which i click on "add widget" it shows the this problem or Error . "The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. " .

I have search on google but couldn't found something that would help.
i have Uninstall all my application & still getting the same problem.

Please help me ..... :(:thinking:

hello skivit,
i try to follow your instruction , but when i type on map in manage app i got the error message above. at a moment the only way i can delete app its by press on it and delete it. but as maps is rooted its not work for me. i got the message above while i am trying to move app from mobile to SD card or if i am trying to delete data from App Manger
any solution?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones