• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The battery sucks?

IF you dispute the findings then all I will say is TRY IT and see for yourself.....I have and that is why I speak from MY OWN experience and NOT because it sounds right therefore it MUST be right :rolleyes:

I'm not disputing your findings. What you say doesn't make sense. You say brightness has no effect but drains your battery. So, which is it?

Upvote 0
Regarding the brightness thing......You will NOT see a significant improvement by reducing the brightness. I have tested it out thoroughly and the gain is minimal at best! Just set it to auto and forget about it. IF you have the brightness at full then you will eat up battery!

Why not try reading what he wrote.

You will NOT see a significant improvement by reducing the brightness.

So, to recap, you won't see a significant improvement by reducing the brightness.

IF you have the brightness at full then you will eat up battery!

And again, to recap, if you put the brightness on full it will eat up battery.

This is an increase in brightness, not a reduction, so the statements aren't mutually exclusive.

Upvote 0
Why not try reading what he wrote.

He says the brightest level eats the battery charge and that reducing screen brightness has no (or little) effect on battery charge, right?

So what do we take away from this? Keep the screen at its brightest (or close to brightest) settings because nothing can be done about the fact it drains the battery? :thinking:

Can anyone verify that reduction in screen brightness has no (or little) effect on battery life?

Upvote 0
He says the brightest level eats the battery charge and that reducing screen brightness has no (or little) effect on battery charge, right?

So what do we take away from this? Keep the screen at its brightest (or close to brightest) settings because nothing can be done about the fact it drains the battery? :thinking:

Can anyone verify that reduction in screen brightness has no (or little) effect on battery life?

So, Brightest level eats charge... well, yes. If you run the back-light at 100% it'll use more power than running it at any other level, unnecessarily so. What he actually says is, "stick it on auto and forget about it" but you seem determined to ignore this.

What he's saying is that manually controlling the brightness will gain you nothing over the auto setting. Why you can't understand this is beyond me.

Upvote 0
As Grif says mate.....By sticking the brightness on auto it will manage the level for you. I thought it was pretty obvious by the way I wrote it, but I'm sorry for any confusion caused. :D

I carried out a test on two identical Desire's. The result is you get NO noticable gain in battery life! It was literally a few extra % over a 24 hour period, which is really NOT worth having a poorly lit/visible screen for! Hence why I said just set it to auto and forget about it.......

Reactions: widehead
Upvote 0
As Grif says mate.....By sticking the brightness on auto it will manage the level for you. I thought it was pretty obvious by the way I wrote it, but I'm sorry for any confusion caused. :D

I carried out a test on two identical Desire's. The result is you get NO noticable gain in battery life! It was literally a few extra % over a 24 hour period, which is really NOT worth having a poorly lit/visible screen for! Hence why I said just set it to auto and forget about it.......

Cool. Will stick it on auto right now. Thanks. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones