• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The best app for organizing apps into folders...

AutoAppOrganizer is exactly what I was looking for.

Now I just I have about 10 of my essential / regularly used apps on my home screen and the AutoAppOrganiser on there as well for all my other apps. It brings up a list of categories which allows me to access all my apps really quickly on a couple of taps.

Brilliant and automatic so I don't have to waste time doing any 'housekeeping' of my apps myself.

Interesting permissions comparison between AutoAppOrganizer and Apps Organizer.

AutoAppOrganizer:
Permissions
THIS APPLICATION HAS ACCESS TO THE FOLLOWING:
* COARSE (NETWORK-BASED) LOCATION
* FULL INTERNET ACCESS
* READ SENSITIVE LOG DATA [seriously?]
* READ PHONE STATE AND IDENTITY
* MODIFY/DELETE USB STORAGE CONTENTS MODIFY/DELETE SD CARD CONTENTS
* RETRIEVE RUNNING APPLICATIONS
* PREVENT DEVICE FROM SLEEPING
* VIEW NETWORK STATE
* AUTOMATICALLY START AT BOOT
* DIRECTLY INSTALL APPLICATIONS [oh, that could never go wrong...]

Apps Organizer:
Permissions
THIS APPLICATION REQUIRES NO SPECIAL PERMISSIONS TO RUN.

Apps Organizer may or may not be the best application list manager in this thread, but any app with zero special permissions captures my heart. "You had me at HELL NO."

Upvote 0
Interesting permissions comparison between AutoAppOrganizer and Apps Organizer.

AutoAppOrganizer:
Permissions
THIS APPLICATION HAS ACCESS TO THE FOLLOWING:
* COARSE (NETWORK-BASED) LOCATION
* FULL INTERNET ACCESS
* READ SENSITIVE LOG DATA [seriously?]
* READ PHONE STATE AND IDENTITY
* MODIFY/DELETE USB STORAGE CONTENTS MODIFY/DELETE SD CARD CONTENTS
* RETRIEVE RUNNING APPLICATIONS
* PREVENT DEVICE FROM SLEEPING
* VIEW NETWORK STATE
* AUTOMATICALLY START AT BOOT
* DIRECTLY INSTALL APPLICATIONS [oh, that could never go wrong...]

Apps Organizer:
Permissions
THIS APPLICATION REQUIRES NO SPECIAL PERMISSIONS TO RUN.

Apps Organizer may or may not be the best application list manager in this thread, but any app with zero special permissions captures my heart. "You had me at HELL NO."

:eek: Yikes! I've been looking for a different folder organizing app and was thinking of installing AutoAppOrganizer 'til I read your post. No way!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU....

Upvote 0
appman - apps organizer is really cool.
You can manage thousands of apps in one window.
I recommend this to every android phone user.

I have this app too and just love it. Its really easy to use and you can place apps in multiple folders and then place the folders, you create, on your home screens. (And the folders do scroll.) I use to want to have a feature to auto add new apps I download. But now, I rather not have this feature. I like to place my apps where I want them, which might be different then where the organizer would put it.

Upvote 0
Another Smart Shortcuts user here; I just like the icons better than the others.

I also try to eliminate "apps" and use their browser counterpart. Mobile sites are getting better and most look as good as the app in most cases. I have one GO Launcher screen with just bookmark shortcuts to Xscope browser. Work great, and takes no "app memory". I just download icons I like from the browser (or my PC).

Bookmarks%202.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones