• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The best camera in the world...

There's an app for that!!

...so you can use your smart-phone as the key for it, via Bluetooth. In fact it even has a holder for a phone on the handlebars, which tells you speed, battery status, etc, via its app, because it has no instrumentation otherwise. The e-bike itself is called "X bird ", and it's made locally here in Jinan, Shandong. :thumbsupdroid:
bike1.jpg
bike2.jpg
bike3.jpg
bike4.jpg
bike5.jpg
bike6.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The sun is shining inside. The big tree in front of the house is losing its leaves and is swinging gently in the wind. Kitty and I are enjoying some quality time together on the couch. She has just no time to cuddle though. She is busy chasing shadows. Vitriolic bleating and frustrated huffing 'n puffing. Sometimes she looks at me, asking. I lift her up so she can reach the shadows, high on the wall. Happy Saturday!

Attachments

• 1444479751174.jpg
    1444479751174.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 124
  • 1444479762348.jpg
    1444479762348.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 84
Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I forgot this one! Spotted back in April, and uploaded to Photos in the hope that I'd throw Streetview into a recursive loop and crash teh interwebz.
large.jpg

It didn't. :(

So here's an iPhone 6 that was slammed in a car door... :D
large.jpg

...and a young (1yo) Harris Hawk on seagull-scaring duty at the rear of my work.
large.jpg

Her handler has promised me a proper introduction and closer view next time she visits... she's the first he's trained from fledging and he's very protective. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There's an app for that!!

...so you can use your smart-phone as the key for it, via Bluetooth. In fact it even has a holder for a phone on the handlebars, which tells you speed, battery status, etc, via its app, because it has no instrumentation otherwise. The e-bike itself is called "X bird ", and it's made locally here in Jinan, Shandong. :thumbsupdroid:
View attachment 94600 View attachment 94601 View attachment 94602 View attachment 94603 View attachment 94604 View attachment 94605

I did actually consider buying one for a while actually, but then decided against it as I live part way up a mountain, which has a rather steep road("Huan Mountain Rd.") with some rather large potholes in it. And an e-bike that basically has baby stroller or shopping cart sized wheels and no suspension, is probably not a good idea. On a smooth level service it can actually go quite fast, >15km/h.

Probably going to buy a more conventional e-bike or scooter next week, and not a Segway either, will save me on having to wait for buses or using taxis.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There's a Townsend's Solitaire in my neck of the woods. I'm in NY and these guys are from the west, waaaay west. It's been hanging out in the park for a little less than a week and I couldn't get away to go see it. I whipped out earlier today and found the little fella, pretty neat to see.

Upvote 0
I'm happy with most pictures I take with my LG G3, but I'm really unhappy with the outcome of my outdoor, night pics. Any lights (which are sometimes what I'm trying to capture) totally hose up the pictures.

These are a couple I took last weekend, the person I was with took pics with their note 5 & they came out great, but mine are awful.

b2eb21b62caaa5e3591816b19eda2039.jpg

ec61254cb31af6000ab810113d880e38.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones