The Camera.

Last Updated:

1. americonium

americonium Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, I paid for and downloaded Snappro. It made my phone very unhappy, with force closings, and what not. However, the 2 photos that I took with it looked AMAZING compared to the stock camera software. So, does anyone know what I did wrong? Is there a fix for the software? Did I delete too quickly? What are your thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

It may just not be compatible with the firmware. Sometimes these things happen. Wait for 1.6 and try again.

3. mstarman

mstarman Active Member

Does anyone else have camera issues when used in moderate to slightly low light levels? I can't get an even remotely focused indoor picture, no matter how steady I try to keep the Hero.

Tips, tricks, apps (other than SnapPro :) ) appreciated.

4. flexte

flexte Well-Known Member

It took me a few minutes to figure out how to take focused pictures. All you have to do is press the trackball quick and let the camera do the rest. it will automatically focus. what i was doing wrong was trying to focus first them take teh picture. give it a try. Just press and and release and hold the phone steady. the camera will focus on its own and take a clear pic.

5. nathanotis

nathanotis Well-Known Member

I don't use the trackball... I just touch the screen and it focuses and shoots. I haven't had the bad pic experience many complain about.

6. sjcea

sjcea Active Member

Do yourself a HUGE favor with the camera and disable the autofocus feature , made a HUGE diiference, pictures are clear and the camera is much faster !!!

7. LTZguy

LTZguy Well-Known Member

Go into a low light condition and take a pic...you'll see what we mean...then more the camera around a bit and watch how blurry....then go back into a well lite area and move the camera around again...no blurry.

8. nathanotis

Oh, I've seen the blur in the dark. I simply acknowledge that the camera isn't made for taking shots in the dark... And I don't try.

9. LTZguy

LTZguy Well-Known Member

Compare it to another phone...you'll see

10. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

In the end, the camera is just a FEATURE of the phone. FFS it doesnt have a flash, which would be a good indication that its not really for taking pics in low light conditions.

When I want quality pictures, I use a dedicated camera.

11. nathanotis

I'm not going to yield on this. It's not like I've never taken a picture with another camera. I have. I know what to expect from a camera built into a phone. It's not a pro DSLR... But I didn't spend 1800 bucks on it, either. I can take great pictures with this phone. Here's one I took this weekend:

Attached Files:

12. romeosidvicious

romeosidvicious Well-Known Member

1800 without any glass! I can't understand that people don't understand that this is prime lens on a really reduced frame sensor and that while, under the right conditions, you can take good pics that you will never get studio quality shots out of this camera or any camera mounted on a damn phone. This camera, with the stock app, takes better pics than my TP and pics as good as any of my friends' phones. If you are buying a phone with taking pictures in mind then you should reconsider why you want a phone and go with a high end consume DSLR which can be had for only a little more than this phone's retail and one of the free phones, with contract, and you'll be happier.

If you want to know your pics are blurry it's because you didn't hold still 99% of the time. There is NO shake correction in the stock software, no white balance correction, and so on. Someone may come up with an app that does this but until they do the camera will reveal just how crappy a photographer you are and do it in 5mp resolution. If you try to take pics in low light without a flash on a reduced frame sensor and expect a lot, even clarity is lot, then you need to reconsider your expectations.

Cameras are just tack ons to phones and little more. Without decent optics, usually lacking the ability to shoot RAW, flashes that don't sync with the shot, and all sorts of horrible problems. If you can hold perfectly still while you touch the screen to take a shot you can get decent shots. Or you can do what I do and use the depth of field app to make sure you are getting an amazing shot with a real camera.

13. americonium

americonium Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm taking better photos, here's one from "Valley of Fire" 1 hour north of Las Vegas.

[​IMG]

14. koolhand79

koolhand79 Well-Known Member

Try the app camera zoom. i bought it and it actually isnt bad. It has a ton of options as well. I would post some pix but i really dont feel like it. lol. Give it a try