The cursed whistleSupport

1. ChrisRyan

ChrisRyan New Member

I have searched this forum and the internet for a successful way to change my text message/notification tone to something other than the default whistle. Mabey it is user error but I cant for the life of me get it changed. My girlfriends tmobile s2 was easy on the first try by simply going to settings/sound/notifications and selecting the desired tone. My ATT does not comply. Any help is appreciated very much.

Advertisement
  2. Ikenstein

Ikenstein Well-Known Member

Go to Settings > Sound > Notification Ringtone. That's to set the default Notification Ringtone for your phone.

Other than that try checking the app that's making the noise. There may be a separate setting for the notification ringtone in the app.
  3. Money_Mark

Money_Mark Well-Known Member

This is actually a very easy settings change, and Ikenstein provided the answer. did it help?
  4. fldude99

fldude99 Well-Known Member

The above is for the notification sound, such as email. You need to go to messaging> menu> settings, then scroll down to the notification sound and change it there.
  5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

It's actually both, which is why it can be confusing. If you have no ringtone preferences set in the app, then the default is used as described. However, if a ringtone is set within an app or assigned to a specific contact it will override the default settings.

What I find helpful is to create a unique audio file (I use a dog barking) and change the ringtone settings one at a time and then test until I hear the dog to know which setting actually affects that particular notification.
    Ikenstein likes this.
  6. ChrisRyan

ChrisRyan New Member

Got it changed, thanks for the help everyone. Never thought about the setting under messaging.
  7. epvq30

epvq30 Member

There are so many different options that you tend to forget things after a while.
  8. Ikenstein

Ikenstein Well-Known Member

Glad you got it switched cause I too hate the whistle.