• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The HTC 10 is a gem of a phone

asulBrox

Lurker
Jun 5, 2010
I first owned an HTC Incredible on the Verizon Network, which is still my favorite smartphone of all time, for its time. The form factor was perfect. After many accidental drops that would have fractured the screen of many other phones, it remained undamaged. It even had a nifty AM/FM radio receiver. I switched over to Samsung with the release of Galaxy Nexus in 2011, which I liked well enough (particularly for the camera), but I was surprised to discover that I actually missed HTC's Sense Android build. So, when HTC released its next flagship, the HTC One, a few years later, I switched back. Though I really liked it, particularly for it's toughness (owned it for nearly three years with barely a scratch to the screen), I was displeased by it's notoriously poor camera - wicked focus and color issues, even in broad daylight. So I was a bit apprehensive about taking the plunge with HTC 10, but I'm glad I did. The marketing campaign was helpful, too. There's really nothing negative I can think to say about this device. It's fast, tough, feature rich, and the camera is beautiful. I hope HTC continues its tradition of offering premium products. I will remain a loyal customer.

USER EDIT:
well that's too bad, I went to edit my post for a couple of grammatical mistakes, the document kept coming up blank where I should be able to edit, so i figured it was an explanation for edit, wrote "grammar", submitted, and my post is gone - vanished. I didn't save a copy of my text, and there is none to be found. I love the new android app, but the folks at androidforums.com should consider more intuitive text-saving features. thanks all the same for a great new interface

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: steve and markdoc
I couldn't agree more. My favorite, before the "10" was probably the DNA Droid. It was solid and beautiful. The "10", for me, is close to the perfect phone. I love it. (Hey, I'm 62 and no girlfriend. Cut me some slack) Unfortunately, I think we are both going to be disappointed. I just read an article on "Android Police" e-mag, "HTC will announce its flagship 'U' on May 16th, complete with squeezable frame". I knew, as soon as I read the article, that all that I was missing was a squeezable phone. Lol I think HTC is in big trouble. Here is the link:
http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/0...lagship-u-may-16th-complete-squeezable-frame/

Upvote 0
the folks at androidforums.com should consider more intuitive text-saving features. thanks all the same for a great new interface

Thanks for using the app and being part of the community! Sorry for the trouble. If you can explain a bit more, we would love to get this bug fixed.

@stevealbright has done a killer job on this app but we are always looking for ways to improve!!!

Sorry for the incovenience.

Upvote 0
well that's too bad, I went to edit my post for a couple of grammatical mistakes, the document kept coming up blank where I should be able to edit, so i figured it was an explanation for edit, wrote "grammar", submitted, and my post is gone - vanished. I didn't save a copy of my text, and there is none to be found.

Hey @asulBrox!

I copied your original comment and added it back to your post :thumbsupdroid:

Hopefully you don't encounter that bug again, but if you do you can hit the Report button and one of us moderators can restore your post. :)

Upvote 0
And I still can't believe that a cell phone is made of something breakable. The screen used to be the weak spot. They're constantly making the glass stronger to reduce scratching and breaking. So as the screen is getting stronger, the powers that be decided to make the case weaker. If it was just the look they were after, they still could have used metal and baked on a finish like a car. It still makes no sense to me at all.

Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones