• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The HTC Incredible is the Supersonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, i am of the opinion they will be different phones. i am not looking at the way they look, but what internals they have. the biggest thing about the supersonic being it's 4G capabilities and also more memory. i believe they both share the snapdragon, but there are also other subtle differences. the incredible seems like it has less bells and whistles. and if i had to go off the looks of it I think it looks like an instinct.

Upvote 0
Why can't you people have a discussion without resorting to name calling?

Unless some here has some seriously good insider info, none of us know if the are the same phone, the same phone for different carriers or totally different beasts (one has the screen off, why can't it be WinMo?)

Everyone has the right to an opinion, and everyone has the right to voice it. Stop the name calling and put downs or there will be punishments handed out.

Upvote 0
Open your eyes dude. They have the SAME BUTTON LAYOUT and the buttons look EXACTLY the same. Are you seriously that blind?

Verizon and Sprint are not going to have two phones shaped the same, with all the buttons in the same place and with the same icons. Anyone with half a brain can see they are exactly the same.

They won't have simliar exact same phones huh? How about the Touch Pro? Touch Pro2? Palm Pre, Palm Pixi, Blackberry Curve, Touch Diamond, and many more.

Stop posting man, seriously. Almost every post I've ever seen you post is propaganda/garbage and is directly aimed at starting fights. You sir, are a Troll, and need to be Banned.

And if you LOOKED at the photos closely, you can tell they are indeed DIFFERENT PHONES.
i.e. My gf's Samsung instinct (aside from color) looks similiar to my Moment. Same Icons, just subtle differences.

1.) Icons at bottom are different

2.)The one on the right has a little circle, possibly a trackpad or home button

3.) The one on the rights black border is significantly larger than the one on the left.

4.) The Shapes of the earpieces are similiar, but different. The one on the right dips down more.

5.) Earpiece colors are different.

6.) Icons are different SIZES

7.) IMPORTANT ONE: THE CHARGER PORT IS IN COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PLACES!
The pic on the right has the micro USB plugged in on the bottom left, while the charging cover can clearly be seen on the upper right of the left one.

8.) The one one the right has a prominent HTC LOGO, other, does not.

exactly, they dont look alike, but are in essence the exact same phone, the supersonic to sprint, the incredible or whatever to verizon

i will put faith into engadget, as they're RARELY wrong

incredible for sprintHTC Incredible caught on video rocking Snapdragon, Android 2.1 with Sense UI, and Verizon bands -- Engadget

supersonic for sprintHTC 'Supersonic' to ring in WiMAX on Sprint, Android-style -- Engadget

I have seen Engadget, BGR, and countless other Media tech outlets get it wrong time and time again. The most recent example is thier predictions for the iPad.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones