General The HTC Sensation is finally here!! What do you all think? :D

1. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

(I originally posted this in the Pyramid forum) So the HTC Sensation is finally here!! First we all thought it was the Pyramid, now it

Advertisement
  2. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

Reckon I'm gonna get one SIM-free in June - gotta sell my AMOLED Desire first, though
  3. Abdur

Abdur Well-Known Member

Beautiful phone, as well as Sense UI. Nice processor as well. :D
  4. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

I get an upgrade in Feb 2012 but I might sell my Desire, then get one of these SIM Free until I get my upgrade in 2012.. But i might not, i will have to wait and see what i feel like but it's very nice :D
  5. Beaker491

Beaker491 Well-Known Member

I want i want i want!!! :D does anybody know if this will be available on Orange UK? I'm due an upgrade in July....

Ian
  6. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

Apparently...

May on Vodafone, June SIM-Free so get it on Orange from somewhere like CPW (means you get it SIM-Free so not loaded with Orange junk)
    Beaker491 likes this.
  7. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

im on orange too. and yeah lol i always get phones from there cos they are unbranded :p
  8. TheSuper

TheSuper Well-Known Member

A beast of a phone! I feel sorry for anyone who's recently purchased a Desire, Desire HD, Desire S, Incredible S or the like. Now....who's getting one? :D

9. Sak01

Sak01 Well-Known Member

10. WBMc36

WBMc36 Well-Known Member

i dislike the contoured glass on the phone. makes a pain for putting screen protectors on and i cant run a phone naked.
  11. Skipdawg

Skipdawg Well-Known Member

WOW! that is nice. love the Specs and all.:cool:
  12. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

im not sure if i will be getting one but i will if i can, i really want one. i have had my desire about 8 months i think :p
  13. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

why not? it has gorilla glass so you should have no issues there :D
  14. chris 290

chris 290 Well-Known Member

Tbh, I'd rather skip this generation and wait for icecream os and quad core processors possibly tegra 3.

A nice phone though, just wondering how much phone storage there is for apps though. I find it frustrating that that information always seems sketchy.

Bet it will sell very well though :)
  15. JP Money

JP Money Member

HTC - Products - HTC Sensation - Specification

Seems black and white to me. 1gb internal storage. Where is the 16gb?!

I'm on the fence with this or the LG g2x to replace my nexus.
  16. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

Why do you need 16GB for apps when 1GB is absolutely fine. I'd be more than happy with 1-2GB of internal storage and the SD card for everything else
  17. Bnice

Bnice Guest

Looks nice, I was hoping for something more like this for the evo 3d on sprint.
  18. rubiconjp

rubiconjp Well-Known Member

Waiting for it to arrive on at&t, one way or another... ;)

Wish it has the Atrix's battery though.
  19. chris 290

chris 290 Well-Known Member

1gb storage, but does that figure in os, htc sense, apps, widgets. How much space left after this?

I ended up with 140ish mb on desire so quoted specs mean very little.

Phone storage for apps should be quoted after crap ware not before.

Im out of space on desire and don't want to root. Want quoted values to reflect real life space.
  20. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

seeing as my upgrade is in 2012 i may also wait for dual-core :p but this is really tempting :)
  21. kopkiwi

kopkiwi Well-Known Member

Sexy as hell and will be my next upgrade.
  22. photon00

photon00 Well-Known Member

Was totally disappointed at MWC when HTC announced the Desire S and Incredible S. This is more like what I am talking about. However would love to see AMOLED screens on these HTC phones. When I compare my Desire to the SLCD screens of the Desire HD there is no competition for me. Does anyone know when Samsung and LG will be pumping up the AMOLED screen production to meets the demands of HTC and others?
  23. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

yeah i would like to see HTC phones like the Sensation with those awesome AMOLED or even Super AMOLED screens :D
  24. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Well-Known Member

HTC will NEVER learn! Nice phone, with tiny battery. WHY CAN'T THEY PUT AT LEAST a 1900mAh battery IN A PHONE?!?!? I returned the TB because the battery life (and size) was not anywhere close to other 4.3 inch phones like the Droid X. I guess I will be getting the Bionic....
  25. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

i think a few in here are forgetting that CDMA networks hit the battery harder versus GSM networks. the phone is supposed to get about 8.25hrs of talk time so that's about right. that's more than what a stock Evo gets and about what smart phones average these days.

if you want a locked bootloader and motoblur, then Moto is the way to go, but i don't fancy either of those on my devices :)

the Sensation looks great though. i'm on the fence between it and a G2x as well. will wait for reviews to come out for both and then go to the store to check them out in person and make a decision on the fly. can't go wrong with either imo.

only other hot handset left to drop this year is basically the GalaxyS2 line. and of course Qualcomm will be releasing their ARM Cortex A9 dual-core processor for phones way later this year