• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The "I hate the AT&T Wireless forum" thread

Do You Post on AT&T Wireless Forum

• Yes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • NO

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I Hate AT&T wireless forum (and the modgoons)

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Rico ANDROID

Android Expert
Mar 10, 2011
In Cell Phone SIMetery
I totally hate the att wireless forum! the site is totally biased and the very moment a user post anything about their bills, payment, dspute regarding atts actions and lack of verifying their charges, the response is either CENSORED or REMOVED. this way they control what gets posted so that att still looks positive in tbe eyes of FCC and DOJ.

Ma Belle is back!

"I got the worst wireless web forum around!"
toomuchmarg.png

Ma belle sport'n her
Sprint-Yellow Sun hat,
"Tmo-Fucha House Coat"
"Green Cricket drink"
(yep crikets next)

I totally hate the att wireless forum! the site is totally biased and the very moment a user post anything about their bills, payment, dspute regarding atts actions and lack of verifying their charges, the response is either CENSORED or REMOVED. this way they control what gets posted so that att still looks positive in tbe eyes of FCC and DOJ.

Ma Belle is back!
Ugly%252520Woe-man.jpeg

Then dump them and get Sprint. That's what I did.

Reactions: Rico ANDROID
Upvote 0
I have come to find that to be 100% true. You are correct!

Yep, most are. Look at what Activision is doing with it's Modern Warfare 3 videos on youtube. All of a sudden the comments have to be approved. And if you look at the comments... they're all positive comments. It's tomfoolery, I say!

However, on Sprint's forum... they let you post whatever you want. I've released a lot of steam ont here before and it never got censored.

Upvote 0
Yep, most are. Look at what Activision is doing with it's Modern Warfare 3 videos on youtube. All of a sudden the comments have to be approved. And if you look at the comments... they're all positive comments. It's tomfoolery, I say!

However, on Sprint's forum... they let you post whatever you want. I've released a lot of steam ont here before and it never got censored.

I LIKE that word! Tomfoolery willl be added to my list of choice words I have for that gestapo forum. Ill check out Activision and see.

I think Att wirelesforum "barny fifes" got mad becausi I started a foldef entitled Does FCC REAd Customer Responses In This Forum". Lol id like to see some of the posts that were cut and are cut immediately after they get posted!

Upvote 0

Ma Belle is back!
Ugly%252520Woe-man.jpeg
Haven't really found that to be the case. In general, the only time I see posts get moderated/removed is if they contain profanity and personally identifying information. The release of the iPhone 4S has generated numerous threads filled with complaints but I don't believe any of those threads were deleted. Some of the long running threads that have gone OT have been locked but that was the extent of it.

I'm curious, do you have a link to the exact thread that's been censored? I'd certainly be interested to read it.

Upvote 0
Ive been oon the site for several years, and yes, ive seen posts get yanked within seconds. Ive seen folders locked due to topics getting more realistic than mod fifes prefer. All a pr for att.
Hmm, you wouldn't happen to be RicoLX, would you? In general, yes, official forums tend to be PR for companies. I do find AT&T's forums to be less strict than others I've been to, though. I forgot which exact forum it was but any mention of a competitor was stifled. You can't even link to other sites. Probably the reason why I blocked it from memory. :p

Upvote 0
Hmm, you wouldn't happen to be RicoLX, would you? In general, yes, official forums tend to be PR for companies. I do find AT&T's forums to be less strict than others I've been to, though. I forgot which exact forum it was but any mention of a competitor was stifled. You can't even link to other sites. Probably the reason why I blocked it from memory. :p

They are so controlled for a "forum".. You cant even post screen shots until certain levels, yadayada..... And whom might you be over there? Yup thats me..

What chappped my hide today is I posted an app review in an android folder I started, and posted a screenshot with a bogus phone number to give an example how an app can be used....and the gestapo YANKED the graphic..said it was invading safety...it was a nogus number 1234567890...... Needlesstosay I spoke up about why they yanked and it shows back up

Upvote 0

Who are you on att forum km

Upvote 0
And whom might you be over there? Yup thats me..
hnzw rui. It was fairly easy to guess. :p

What chappped my hide today is I posted an app review in an android folder I started, and posted a screenshot with a bogus phone number to give an example how an app can be used....and the gestapo YANKED the graphic..said it was invading safety...it was a nogus number 1234567890...... Needlesstosay I spoke up about why they yanked and it shows back up
Ah, gotcha. However, I'd chalk this one down to the mod's stupidity or carelessness. He probably didn't notice the number was fake. Didn't have any issues posting screenshots of Orange UK's (or was it T-Mobile's?) plans... I think... Still, they're not the most dictatorial of forums I've visited. I tend to criticize some of their company policies (albeit always politely worded) and at least those haven't been deleted - yet. :p Hmm, now I wanna revisit my posts to see if they're still there. :p

Upvote 0

Ah, gotcha. However, I'd chalk this one down to the mod's stupidity or carelessness. He probably didn't notice the number was fake. Didn't have any issues posting screenshots of Orange UK's (or was it T-Mobile's?) plans... I think... Still, they're not the most dictatorial of forums I've visited. I tend to criticize some of their company policies (albeit always politely worded) and at least those haven't been deleted - yet. :p Hmm, now I wanna revisit my posts to see if they're still there. :p

Please . Dont misunderstand my post. I have no issue with my cellular serv. Its the mods-wannabes on the forum alone that I got an issue with. And their dementality is "you dont question our actions or you go to the principals office"... Ha.

Upvote 0

The stupid mod put my pic back online when I raised some hale about it, but iv had enuff of the worthless forum ignorant mod inconsistencies and unknowledge.

Shicky-mods-1.jpg

Upvote 0
Haven't really found that to be the case. In general, the only time I see posts get moderated/removed is if they contain profanity and personally identifying information. The release of the iPhone 4S has generated numerous threads filled with complaints but I don't believe any of those threads were deleted. Some of the long running threads that have gone OT have been locked but that was the extent of it.

I'm curious, do you have a link to the exact thread that's been censored? I'd certainly be interested to read it.

RUI: something tells me you re a mod on attwireless ... hmmm...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones