The included music player........Support

Last Updated:

1. Turbojoe

Turbojoe Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm just not seeing something obvious but how do you turn the damned thing off? The player works and sounds great. It would be even better if you could turn IT off rather than having to turn the phone off. As I said, I'm probably missing the obvious but could someone point out the Music Player OFF command for me?

Joe

Advertisement
  2. larkascending

larkascending Active Member

There should be something in the notification bar.
  3. Turbojoe

Nope. Checked there and everything covered by the menu key.

Joe
  4. alek99

alek99 Member

try installing an app called "advanced task killer free"
    i'm using arcmedia player cause the default one doent even play avi or much of anything, hope that is of some help ;)
  5. mattsledge

mattsledge Active Member

Usually the Pause button works for me.
  6. Turbojoe

Arcmedia doesn't do MP3. It did work for me for .avi files but since the update it doesn't work anymore. Even after uninstalling and re-installing. :(

Joe
  7. Turbojoe

The problem is that it continues to use resources even when on pause.

Joe
  8. mistermsk

mistermsk Active Member

Go into your settings of your phone by pressing the left most button then clicking settings on the bottom right of the screen (when you are the screen with the four dots [bottom middle]). If you see a house on the bottom middle, press it and it should take you to the four dots. Once in settings, go to Applications. Then go to manage applications. Finally, on the top menu click Running. This will show you all the apps running, including some you are required to run. Go to music and click Force Stop. Bingo, you are good. Actually, take a look at all the apps running. You can Force Close all the games you are not playing.
  9. Turbojoe

I knew about that. How hard would it have been for them to just include an exit command in the program though? :confused: One step instead of six.....

Joe
    KOLIO likes this.
  10. cc49

cc49 Member

Sorry but this is exactly what is happening to me and i have done all this forced stop, etc it still pops on whenever, where ever. can't stop it WHY????? HELP
  11. uglydude21

uglydude21 Well-Known Member

yea you may need to root and install cwm so that you can format/cache which is different than deleting cache let me set up shop and see what i can do theres probaly a app calling com.android.music you need to fix permissions and the only way to that is rom manager delete apps that use your music cause there making it start