• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help The new "my verizon" app is creeping and crawling all over the D-Inc

I like the old version, it would run when you wanted it to, it would shut down when you exited. But now the most recent update shows that my verizon is always running in background. the app I use, "os monitor" is showing that it's running at 0% Cpu right now, but I've put a tracker on it and it is going to 40% cpu usage at some points, and it's obviously because it's communicating with host server and exchanging usage stats and texts and data usage counters. There is no option to stop that and I see in OS monitor that it's gotten as high as 65% cpu usage for 20 minutes straight. That's like playing a video game for 20 minutes. NOT liking this at all. I'm going to have to FC it or have OS monitor shut it down, I dont want to uninstall it because I do like the features, but i dont use any of the usage widgets or any of the widgets that it has available to us

Anyone else see the behavior I see from the new verizon droid app?

I don't use ATK (task killer), but I do use it to see what's running, and I always see "my Verizon" in the app list. I'm pretty sure it's not using CPU, but I think it does use it occasionally to update stats in background . I only need it to pay the Verizon bill, I don't even think i Need the app, isnt there a mobile vzw website to pay online anyway?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones