The OFFICIAL US LG G3 Thread!!!General

1. pandacookie

pandacookie Panda-riffic! Guide

Since the LG G3 is up for pre-order on AT&T today, I felt the time was right for a thread strictly for US users of the LG G3. This thread was created partly because it has been suggested in a review in PhoneArena that non Korean models could perform differently than Korean models (see review here: http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/LG-G3-Review_id3718). In this thread, US users can share their experiences: this way, there will be no need to wade through other threads that cover other countries.

Also, please feel free to share experiences with the pre-ordering process, shipping experiences, etc. This way, we can compare the carriers as far as efficiency, shipping speed, etc.

Have fun!

Advertisement
    :
    zipred likes this.
  2. pandacookie

Anyone? Bueller?
  3. Lorak

Lorak Well-Known Member

Nothing to say yet. Ordered Monday night at midnight. It shipped out Tuesday next day fed ex. Now I'm sitting here waiting.

I will say the 50% off the G watch with order at AT&T was awesome. Were also running a free overnight shipping and no activation fee deal.

So order process was great and now I sit waiting for the truck, LOL
    pandacookie and KOLIO like this.
  4. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

Very much looking forward to your review.
  5. zipred

zipred Well-Known Member

I've been following the G3 for some time now. Being on AT&T I'm extremely interested and may buy one on Friday.

My only concerns are the reported heating issue and battery life since I am indeed a very heavy resource intense user for both work and personal usage. Yet that said I do have a very nice selection of Anker external batteries.

Everything else about this phone is almost too good to be true which is why I simply don't want to wait for other reviews to come in, even though I understand the risks an early adopter is exposed to.

Any comments from others are quite welcome.

Thanks!
  6. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

Nothing trumps ones' own experience w/a phone.
    I'm in the same camp as you,I like to try out the new stuff,not just to be 1st,but,if it interests me,then I'm in.

I'll be picking one up just as you.
    Worse case scenario,take it back within 14 days & pay the re-stocking fee. :thumb:
    zipred likes this.
  7. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

I'm going to go to at&t this Friday after work to check out the G3. I'm still on the fence on getting this phone due to the screen issues I'm reading about. By then, I will make an evaluation whether this is the phone for me or not.
    KOLIO likes this.
  8. zipred

zipred Well-Known Member

Yes, we're on the exact same page. There's nothing like using it in ones own environment.

Thanks for the friendly reminder about the return period, I forgot all about it cause I've only returned one phone in the last five years...ha...ha...ha.

My favorite saying is "I haven't met an Android I don't like, just some are better than others" :D
  9. n2bowling

n2bowling Well-Known Member

Reporting in from Southern California, so last night I saw the LGG3 on a commercial while watching TV so today I went in to my local ATT store and asked about it and the young man said this Friday they hit their shelves...stay tuned!
    KOLIO and zipred like this.
  10. pandacookie

Awesome! Let us know what happens. :)
  11. zipred

zipred Well-Known Member

Good News...

Just had a conversation with a friend at AT&T Mobility in Atlanta. Word is they are clear (no delays) for the planned LG G3 launch in all corp stores Fri 11th. They've received a robust inventory of phones and do not expect a backorder situation to develop within the first several days after launch.

YMMV :)
    pandacookie and KOLIO like this.
  12. Lorak

Lorak Well-Known Member

Good luck to you guys. I'm really liking this phone so far.
    zipred and KOLIO like this.
  13. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

No interest in buying one, but I'll be downtown tomorrow afternoon so perhaps I'll mosey into an ATT store and check it out. :)
  14. hollywoods14

hollywoods14 Well-Known Member

Verizon preorders are up also .. 32/3 variant
  15. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Well-Known Member

Just broke down and pre-ordered from VZW. Never gonna know if I don't try it myself...
  16. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Me too, hopefully it's a worthy DNA replacement!
  17. hilmar2k

Amen to that.

By the way, as it turns out, apparently I didn't actually pre-order a G3. I couldn't get the website to process the order so I called. Turns out the rep took "I'd like to use Egde to pre-order an LG G3" to mean "I'd like to purchase an LG G2 and renew my contract".
  18. AntimonyER

Doh!
  19. hilmar2k

Yup. And now I have to wait for the old order to clear out of their system before I can place the correct order again.
  20. Jocelyn84

Jocelyn84 Well-Known Member

Wow :(
  21. hilmar2k

So I just called back because the original incorrect order was still active (first person didn't cancel it properly). I got someone who knew what they were doing and she got it cancelled. I then placed the correct order and she said they were in Stock and it would ship today. Not sure I believe that, but we'll see......
  22. AntimonyER

Huh? :confused:
  23. Jocelyn84

Jocelyn84 Well-Known Member

24. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Should be. Much better chipset, twice the storage, 1gb more ram and micro sd :)

Even with Qhd, the G3 should better in all ways to the DNA. The one issue would be if the G3 has as good signal reception as the DNA.
  25. AntimonyER

Yeah, I am optimistic, the tear down I saw shows similar antenna geometry and radios as G2. Hopefully that miniscule amount of metal in the case doesn't affect it.