• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The origins of the Motorola Droid Eye!!

earlyhike

Lurker
Jan 14, 2010
Anybody every wonder where this marketing idea of red droid eye came from? I mean really, other than being a weird-you-out-to-get-your-attention marketing strategy what focus group dreamed this up?

Well, not being Indiana Jones I have no clue either but here's what I ran into today ... Photos taken with my Motorola Droid I was entertained to find the mythical droid eye haunting not just one but 3 of my photos.......

(and no it isn't photoshop -I'm not that bored -and the photos aren't that great)

Anybody else discover the red-eye in your photos?

Attachments

• droid2.jpg
    droid2.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 103
  • droid3.jpg
    droid3.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 117
  • DroidEye1.jpg
    DroidEye1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 106
That red is probably your CMOS sensor bleeding out. LOL
Good post, but pointing any camera directly at the sun is a bad idea. Remember, the lens focuses the image / light on the CMOS sensor, so you are doing the equivalent of the magnifying glass and the ant to your camera sensor. If damaged, the effect is irreversible. OK, lecture over, go outside and play!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones