• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The unthinkable has happened!

mcydeeze

Jul 11, 2011
So, I've done the unthinkable.

I've dropped my bionic already :(. Just the second day of owning it (brought on luanch day) I went to put it in my pocket and missed thinking it was sliding in. All in slow motion I desperately reached out to catch her but she slipped my grasp.

The sight of her slowly descending to the hard cold concrete below all but left my heart cozy in the deep crevice of my stomach. As she turned to kiss her new resting place, the sound of her meeting the ground sent a spear through my soul with each tumble she made.

Long story short, thankfully, there was no detrimental damage except a hairline scratch on my screen only noticeable with the screen off. It kind of bothers me knowing its there but there isn't much I can do about it now. A case you say? I couldn't bear it. Im a sucker for seeing my gal naked ;)

Reactions: jimdibb
OUCH!!! Does insurance cover small dings and scratches? I got the insurance this time (didn't have it on the og) but im not sure how it works.

No - insurance would only cover if you cracked the screen or case. Even then it may depend on where and how severely it is cracked. Then you need to pay the deductible and go through the pains of adopting a possibly refurbished phone - or even having to accept an "equivalent" phone if one like yours is not available. Read the fine print. The insurance is great if you've got someone in your family that tends to drop or lose things, even with the caveats.

Upvote 0
Maybe it's my large hands ... maybe it's the dexterity in my fingers from playing guitar ... or maybe I'm just lucky. But I'm just not a dropper. I know this was an "accident". But the best kinda accident is the one you avoid.

Just sayin'...

If you've dropped it already, I don't see why you wouldn't buy a case. Your future seems kinda set-in-stone without one. :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones