• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [THEME] Black, White, and Chrome for GB v4.5.595

Great job!! Really looks and works great. I have a small problem. I know you say it is included, but I do not have the CRT animation. Is there something I need to do to activate it? If you are not sure, it's not a big deal. I'm not switching from an awesome theme just bc of that.

Thanks again.

Make sure animations are turned on in settings......Menu>Settings>Display>Animations

If you have Spareparts installed make sure Window animations and Transition animations are set to Normal and uncheck Fancy input animations.

Upvote 0
yay glad this is out now for .595. thank you. i do have a question though, i was using the watermarked theme waiting for the new bwc. now if i go into the market there is no option to remove the update like there was last time i installed bwc for .591. the market i have now is black but not sure if there is anything else i can do

Upvote 0
yay glad this is out now for .595. thank you. i do have a question though, i was using the watermarked theme waiting for the new bwc. now if i go into the market there is no option to remove the update like there was last time i installed bwc for .591. the market i have now is black but not sure if there is anything else i can do

I don't know what version of the Market kirbnite used, but I'm guessing it's v2.3.6. You should be able to flash right over it......either that or it hasn't updated for you yet.

Can this theme be flashed on top of apex?

No, ApeX is v4.5.591, this is for v4.5.595, you will end up getting errors somewhere.

If you go through the links in the first post you will find a version of BWC for v4.5.591.....it won't have all the updates/mods this version has though.

Reactions: xmike
Upvote 0
I don't know what version of the Market kirbnite used, but I'm guessing it's v2.3.6. You should be able to flash right over it......either that or it hasn't updated for you yet.

Yes the market was 2.3.6. I just installed and everything seems great so far. Thank you for the hard work you put into this

No problem, glad you like it ;)

Upvote 0
Thanks for porting this to GB .595. I am happy with stock GB right now, but really like BWC in Froyo and will be installing this soon. :D

Also, when did you find time to post 335 pictures of BWC? WOW!

QUESTION: Where is the link to download BWC .595? The most recent version link I see is for .591 or am I missing something?

Ok, I found it. It is just the top most link, just not listed as .595, why I missed it...sorry.

Upvote 0
Thanks for porting this to GB .595. I am happy with stock GB right now, but really like BWC in Froyo and will be installing this soon. :D

Also, when did you find time to post 335 pictures of BWC? WOW!

QUESTION: Where is the link to download BWC .595? The most recent version link I see is for .591 or am I missing something?

Ok, I found it. It is just the top most link, just not listed as .595, why I missed it...sorry.

I'll edit it to make it more clear ;)

I didn't realize it was that many pics :p

Upvote 0
Having a time issue on the unlock screen. Is there a fix for this?

You can see the times are not the same. The large time "3:03 pm" is the correct time. AND it is Saturday...........

snap20110521_150353.png

Upvote 0
ok I have another request, since I cant figre out how to do it myself lol. On the blur text messaging app, could you make the background in it black? I'll tried but it seems it depends on a framework too. This one isnt all that much a biggie for me, I'm just a dark sorta guy lol

It's a lot of work to do this; you change one little thing and all of a sudden you find yourself changing a whole bunch of other things. Why do you think no one has done it ;)

I hate the way blur is setup with a PASSION....I think I've mentioned this before :D:D:D

Just use the AOSP messaging app that Fab has in ApeX (actually I'm not sure that this will make your backgrounds black like you want)......I use chomp myself, I've never liked the blur messaging app.

EDIT:
No, the AOSP app does not do what you want.

Reactions: PlayfulGod
Upvote 0
It's a lot of work to do this; you change one little thing and all of a sudden you find yourself changing a whole bunch of other things. Why do you think no one has done it ;)

I hate the way blur is setup with a PASSION....I think I've mentioned this before :D:D:D

Just use the AOSP messaging app that Fab has in ApeX (actually I'm not sure that this will make your backgrounds black like you want)......I use chomp myself, I've never liked the blur messaging app.

EDIT:
No, the AOSP app does not do what you want.
k thanks for looking into it. I may try the one out of CM7, tho for some reason I actually like the blur one, just would like the background black behind the msg bubbles. lol weird huh?

Upvote 0
k thanks for looking into it. I may try the one out of CM7, tho for some reason I actually like the blur one, just would like the background black behind the msg bubbles. lol weird huh?

Not weird, I like that too :D I think Iv'e got something going with the AOSP and some mods I made to blur-res.apk.......I'm just hoping no other blur apps got messed up in the process :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones