• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Themed notification drawer and other stuff for Lg Motion.

I'm gonna start theming the LG motion little by little till we get recovery. Will be showing how since it requires a bit more work since we have no recovery.
If you guys want a different color just tell me, also what you would like to be themed and ill look into it.
First change just to see if it worked.

Stock Status bar black.
6422ebb6.jpg

All black notification drawer with minor tweaks.
dc42258f.png

First rename and remove the stock from stockSystemUi.apk or black from blackSystemUi.apk depending on which you want.
, than just copy and paste the modified SystemUi.apk in /system/app using root explorer and reboot.
Its easy and you won't brick.

Stock UI with black status bar.
http://db.tt/onOmbwGk
All black notification drawer.
http://db.tt/o9JGzDMz

I'm gonna start theming the LG motion little by little till we get recovery. Will be showing how since it requires a bit more work since we have no recovery.
If you guys want a different color just tell me, also what you would like to be themed and ill look into it.
First change just to see if it worked.
Status bar black.
View attachment 39177

Cool ill just wait for recovery then ill do a red ics;)

Upvote 0
How did you change the Status Bar Black , How do I do it , Is it easy , and will I get bricked??!??!?!?!

-Lol I sound like a crazy maniac who eats flies , But I am not!

Yeah just copy and paste the modified systemui.apk in /system/app using root explorer and reboot.
Its easy and you won't brick.
I'll upload it in ah bit.
http://db.tt/dB0tGO8F

Upvote 0
Worked and thanks... what launcher ,clock,theme is that... I like the whole layout and can you post your lock screen and say what lock screen app your running :) you have great taste

I use nova prime launcher, I use this miui icon pack, clock is an ICS clock from the play store. I use widget locker for my lock screen. Thanks!

Check OP for added black notification drawer.:D

Upvote 0
I use nova prime launcher, I use this miui icon pack, clock is an ICS clock from the play store. I use widget locker for my lock screen. Thanks!

Check OP for added black notification drawer.:D

can you possibly change the lock screen Carrier Label?....

i want it to say "Rory's Phone" instead...because it does say "If Lost Please Call XXX XXX XXXX" right now...but i want it to say Rory's Phone instead of Metro PCS

Upvote 0
I liked the changes the first one , It made me feel like this phone will start to get brand new roms in the future or something , Then I applied the second one by changing the name to systemui.apk and then i put it in the correct folder without knowing what I am actually doing and it worked , Easy and painless! Can you make allmost everything Black,Blue,White , Like the settings? Thanks :)

Upvote 0
Oh and it changed my wallpaper back to the original default , No Problem but just saying , And I found the clock , I am on Nova Prime , Using stock ICS icons , I might change themes , using a continuos vertical down app drawer , Can you also do what the other guy said , Allow us to change the "MetroPCS" to "&&&&&&&&" to what we want

Upvote 0
Dude Edit the Settings , Phone Dialer , Contacts , Messaging , Browser UI , ETC , in the future if you can! I would love for this whole phone to be black and blue but I dont know how to edit SystemUI , I might brick my phone if I try... How do I learn though? Can someone tell me...

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones