• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Themes/other things for CM7?

sorry i now know what you mean about load like an app. sorry for misunderstanding.

i saw a theme i liked by Rover that I wanted to install as well as other themes and they say install .apk file. Do I just place on sd card and install from Astro? Do I have to change name of file before or after install?

Just download from your phone, find the 'download' folder on your SD, long click the file, install, go to theme Chooser, select theme, reboot.

If it says its not optimized for your phone when you apply, just ignore and apply anyway.

Upvote 0
Just download from your phone, find the 'download' folder on your SD, long click the file, install, go to theme Chooser, select theme, reboot.

If it says its not optimized for your phone when you apply, just ignore and apply anyway.

i downloaded with phone. when i long press on file it wanted me to open as image, text, or video. didn't give me an option to install.

did i need to rename file or something?

Upvote 0
OK, I'll try to help. It seems like you trying to make it more difficult than what it really is. It's not a bunch of steps like rooting your phone. Download the apk file, then once it's done click on it while it's still in that lil download history screen. Then it will ask to install. After you said yes and its done. Go to your theme chooser and BAM! You don't have to rename or anything like that

Upvote 0
OK, I'll try to help. It seems like you trying to make it more difficult than what it really is. It's not a bunch of steps like rooting your phone. Download the apk file, then once it's done click on it while it's still in that lil download history screen. Then it will ask to install. After you said yes and its done. Go to your theme chooser and BAM! You don't have to rename or anything like that

i tried that. for some reason it says cannot open file. makes no sense

Upvote 0
(make sure you already accepted the agreement, this messed me up the first time but im a slow leak) but just go into your sd card through astro, go to downloads, find blue river or whichever one you got, click it, it's going to say 1) something I forgot and 2) open in manager (or something like that) click on that one. It'll be the bottom choice of the 2.click install.

Reactions: Yellow Snowman
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones