• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root There as GOT to be a better way!?!?!?!?!?

DMoney1967

Lurker
Sep 7, 2012
Well thought out, through, and helpful to many. But THIS is absolutely way too much to have to go through for a root.

I am no stranger to rooting. I have owned and rooted phones of my own and other, and I am completely at a loss that there is just no other way to root this phone.

My wife loved her Dinc 1, upgraded, and now wants to pass on the phone to one of our children. When I caught a look at how much bloatware there was it almost made me sick that I didn't force here to root the phone earlier. Does the phone run adversely because of it? not from what I can tell.

I want to root the phone only to clean it up. I don't care about customs, nightly's or experimental's. What I am BEGGING for here is a way to root the phone that doesn't require 2200 word dissertation followed by 29 more pages of people talking about how it DIDN'T work for them.

There used to be 1 click roots for every phone under the sun. What happened? Someone please help me out here? Please?

For reference only I will say that the phone is running 2.3.4, build 4.08.605.15, baseband 2.15.10.12.20.

Upvote 0
Well thought out, through, and helpful to many. But THIS is absolutely way too much to have to go through for a root.

I am no stranger to rooting. I have owned and rooted phones of my own and other, and I am completely at a loss that there is just no other way to root this phone.

My wife loved her Dinc 1, upgraded, and now wants to pass on the phone to one of our children. When I caught a look at how much bloatware there was it almost made me sick that I didn't force here to root the phone earlier. Does the phone run adversely because of it? not from what I can tell.

I want to root the phone only to clean it up. I don't care about customs, nightly's or experimental's. What I am BEGGING for here is a way to root the phone that doesn't require 2200 word dissertation followed by 29 more pages of people talking about how it DIDN'T work for them.

There used to be 1 click roots for every phone under the sun. What happened? Someone please help me out here? Please?

For reference only I will say that the phone is running 2.3.4, build 4.08.605.15, baseband 2.15.10.12.20.

What happened is when they released GB it broke the Unrevoked method of one click root and s-off. And by that time the Unrevoked team had moved on. If it weren't for Scotty (thread author of the link you posted), the Inc most likely would not have had root until HTC dev was released some months ago. So now there's a new recommended method:

http://androidforums.com/incredible...ow-unlock-downgrade-achieve-s-off-htcdev.html

That may look like a long process too but if you already have the sdk installed from your past root dealings, there's not much to it at all especially if you only want root via HTC dev. In that case, you can stop after step 3. If you want to get s-off, you can do the whole thing.

Although HTC dev is kind of a step in the right direction from the standpoint of carriers semi-supporting root efforts, in many ways I view it as a negative because devs are less apt to look for more under the radar root and s-off methods that formerly resulted in one click tools.

edit: ninja'd by scotty

Upvote 0

time happened. unfortunately as software is updated exploits are patched. there is not one click for your build number. lots of phones have no exploits period. no one clicks,no "2200 word dissertations",no older exploitable fimrware,and no means of downgrade even if older exploits existed.

be grateful that the inc is an old enuff device to allow downgrading to a firmware that you can still exploit. if its worth having,its worth working for. feel free to post if you have further questions. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones