• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thinkin to buy i7500

no its not,
its from htblog.it the original home of Drakaz.
that is running galahero, its using advanced launcher and the browser is modified
im 100% sure of it

Someone posted on youtube that it was Open Home too. I cant say though because I have not modified it yet.

SWEEEEEEET!!! I just bought the galaxy and it looks so beautiful. The current firmware is 1.5 cupcake. I will test the cupcake firmware to decide whether to upgrade or not. I dont have market app .. I will see how to install it.

I have a some questions right now. I dont want to allow my phone to use data/internet except through 'wifi'. I dont want my bill to go crazy. How can I set permission for applications and browser to use only on 'WIFI'??

What is the latest official firmware name??? Is the lastest official firmware that have the low sound speaker/earphone?? Thanks

Sorry more questions .. on reset options, the "factory data reset" will reset all setting to default without deleting user files or apps right???

For 'factory format', it will wipe all data on it but do i need to plug to pc to reinstall the firmware?? If i have update to 1.6 firmware and do 'factory format', will it format back to 1.5 or 1.6??

Thanks in advance.

/\ I appreciate if anyone can answer those questions. Thanks!!! /\

Upvote 0
I dont know if you are replying to me or the other guy. I was referring to answer questions on my 'two quotes'.

On my top first quote:
People suggested APNDROID, on forum, to limit with data usage on WIFI, right? i just wanted other opinion or better idea.

And about flashing my firmware, I have a version i7500jvig4. Is the version same and known as I7500XXIG4 or I7500DDIG4 from Samsung Flash Wiki - Wiki ??? If I flash to I7500DDIG4 or
I7500XXIG8, will I get the "market app" from google?? Does those firmwares have problem with bluetooh, camera flash, or low sound speaker/earphone functionality?? What is the latest firmware??

On my top second quote:
For 'factory format', it will wipe all data on it but do i need to plug to pc to reinstall the firmware?? If i have update to 1.6 firmware and do 'factory format', will it format back to 1.5 or 1.6??

Thanks in advance!!

Upvote 0
you will deffinitely get market app when flashing another firmware which i highly recommend since ig4 means this firmware is from july last year and is most likely very bugy. i'd recommend going for galaxo 1.6.3.1 imediately and install geolocation fix and volume fix, or wait some days for 1.6.3.2 where this is done already.

Upvote 0
you will deffinitely get market app when flashing another firmware which i highly recommend since ig4 means this firmware is from july last year and is most likely very bugy. i'd recommend going for galaxo 1.6.3.1 imediately and install geolocation fix and volume fix, or wait some days for 1.6.3.2 where this is done already.

Yep. Yesterday samsung PC studio updated my firmware to II1 but no market app .. only got switcher app. I m thinking to update to 1.6 donut and Im looking at XXJC1 or XXJC2 .. I dont know if I can update to XEJC4,XEJC5, or XEJC6. Reading a lot about odin. Hmmm .. do you know if 1.6.3.2 will be released this week?? Did it work with camera flash and bluetooth??

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info. I think the next galaxo version will add fixes to locale (no sleep) and low-volume bug. At the moment, I am looking into leaked firmware so I can build confidence to go to the next version galaxo.

Im looking to upgrade to JC2 OR JC6 from Directory Listing of /pub/7500/firmware/ .

To update XXJC2, I just need to load the ops on 'OPS' and tar file on 'One Package' and check the one package on odin right?? What about the CSC on JC2??

To update XEJC6 (does XE or XX matters?), I will need to add to ops on 'OPS', bootloader to 'BOOT', phone to 'PHONE', pda to "PDA", and leave 'CSC' and 'One Package' empty .. uncheck 'One Package' right???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones