• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thinking about buying one

Anyone here own this device and have some technical specs about this device? I am thinking about going out and buying one soon. Pretty sure the bootloader is locked because it's an LG lol. Let me know if you like it or not, thanks
I am gonna get the LG Power tomorrow which is the same phone as the LG Leon, but on TracFone. I will make a recovery for it than you can port it if you want to the Leon. I am sure we can come up with a bootloader unlock for this phone. Here is the Leon specs: http://www.phonearena.com/phones/LG-Leon_id9244

Reactions: MikeHoncho
Upvote 0
Leon. I am a MetroPCS user
Oh. I wish my dad would let me on MetroPCS even tho I pay for my service but he has had many issues with their customer service. MetroPCS has lots of nice phones a awesome
developers, like you. TracFone has phones that can't go any faster then 1.2 ghz and have no more than one gb of ram. And TracFones have like no developer support. Well I will tell you if I make a recovery for the TracFone LG Power that you can port.

Upvote 0
I just got the LG Power and its awesome. The Leon is then same thing so that makes the Leon awesome.
619d433b4ac5907fa1071ef0308bc908.jpg

Upvote 0
Nice. I went to MetroPCS today to buy one but they were closed. Might be able to pick one up tomorrow before work but I wont be able to mess with it until the weekend. Before you start messing with exploits, we need an unbrick method. I can talk to @sammyz and see what we can come up with
You can root the Leon but not the LG Power.

Upvote 0
Ahh. That one worked on the patched 10c for the L70 so I figured it should work. I'm hoping my bootloader method will work on the Leon, gotta keep my fingers crossed until I test it lol
The bootloader was not locked on the LG Ultimate 2 because I was able to flash a recovery so it could be true that the LG Power's bootloader is not locked. I assumed the bootloader was locked on the LG Ultimate 2 because it was locked on the L70. But I am almost 100% sure the Leon bootloader is locked. The Power has no download mode so I cant use the root thing. If it did I would be rooted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones