• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help thinking of returning hero; few questions

mw383

Dec 5, 2008
since i returned the pre to get the hero, i might be out of luck w/ sprint allowing me to move to moment. but do to the lagginess and what seems like too many bugs (awake/up time, can't receive mms messages w/ stock app, had to remove battery today after a freeze, etc) if i can:

does the moment have the led notification light? i'm thinking that since it's a google branded phone, it does.

has anyone checked awake vs. up time?

how's the call volume? sometimes the hero's is so bleeping loud, i have to hold it away from my face. it's that loud.

2.0 is confirmed for hero. there's much speculation concerning the moment receiving the update. what do you think the chances are?

thanks in advance

first i wanna say this is a tight forum great work just joined! first post!

i decided to return my hero today. i was pretty disappointed by the performance of the hero. sms and battery problem, and gap between the screen and the bottom buttons.i also had alot of trouble typing on the hero for whatever reason. alot of lag and unresponsive touches. ive been using my "moment" all of today and i am very happy. the phone responds very nice. the keyboard is much better. im yet to open the qwerty. im just very surprised how fast the UI is. if youre not very happy with the hero i believe youll enjoy the "moment" everyone has diff needs so take in consideration. for one i have large hands so the phone handles nice. i cant wait for the 2.0 update this will be a great phone. i dont miss the hero 1 bit. i also owned the hero for 29 days.
ps i will write more on my experience with the phone as time goes on i do consider that the phone is a day old so bugs wont show for sometime.my initial experience is great and i think this phone runs android the way its supposed to feel.
again great forum!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones