• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

This app is a must!

Agreed, a call recorder - particularly one which records every call, automatically, unless I tell it not to - is very handy.

I use Automatic Call Recorder (by Appliqato - I toss this in, as half the apps in this category seem to be named Call Recorder or Automatic Call Recorder).

Interesting note - not long ago, I downloaded another call recorder, because I'd read some glowing reviews of it. This new recorder recorded my calls in mp3 format.

Well, every time my car bluetooth connected with my phone, it'd automatically play all those mp3 files. As if it were set to auto play music, I guess. Since mp3 is practically the default music file type, right?

I imagine there's a way to set my phone, or my car, to not do this. But after about 5 minutes of working on the problem, I couldn't figure out a solution.

So I went back to Automatic Call Recorder (Appliqato), which I can set to record in any of... I think it's about a half dozen... file formats. I use AMR.

Problem solved. My car no longer automatically plays the recording of my recent phone call with my mother when I turn on the radio. :)

And if ever I so desire, I can easily copy over the .AMR files to my desktop computer and use any of a number of free apps to easily convert them to mp3 format. (I do, in fact, move my recorded call files from phone to desktop computer once a month or so. One of the things I do every so often to keep my phone neat and tidy and relatively uncluttered.)

Reactions: Phases
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones