• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Actually just because this particular model is not having the development you find appealing I think stating that HTC phones do not get development is farther from the truth. How many HTC phones are officially supported by CM? Evervolv? You need to see other HTC services such as the inc, inc2, thunderbolt, one x and variants, evo 4g, 4glte, and so many other HTC devices...

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: vincentallen2
Upvote 0
Actually just because this particular model is not having the development you find appealing I think stating that HTC phones do not get development is farther from the truth. How many HTC phones are officially supported by CM? Evervolv? You need to see other HTC services such as the inc, inc2, thunderbolt, one x and variants, evo 4g, 4glte, and so many other HTC devices...

But the fact that it's taking so long for this phone is annoying me cause my previous phone(Samsung prevail) had a lot of development for a while then it got somewhat dead... I just hope that this phone gets a few more roms by the end of the month or else tmobile s3 here I come.

Upvote 0
Originally Posted by cookiefrog

But the fact that it's taking so long for this phone is annoying me cause my previous phone(Samsung prevail) had a lot of development for a while then it got somewhat dead... I just hope that this phone gets a few more roms by the end of the month or else tmobile s3 here I come.

Dude I highly doubt there will be anymore roms by the end of this month, it tales alot of time to develope a rom, and we hace just a few developers that are actually doing things for us. I love yo ser some new devs we got another I believe yesterday ir maybe the day before, that at least lets us know that there are people out there intrested.

Upvote 0

If your definition of development is basically the same base ROM with a few minor modifications repackaged under a new name and proclaimed as something new then yes you are right there are allot of hacks like that on here. You can find plenty of that on other devices.

True development, the modification of code and published in accordance to the GPL or GNU is lacking here. I know of only 3 persons who actively worked on this phone who actually have even github accounts. I don't see actual developers moving on this platform. First off its old in comparison to other phones, and its slow. The single core tries its best but can not compare to what's been out in the market for sometime.

Also true developers were always lacking. Yeah you can find allot of guys calling themselves developers but they have no clue about the platform, the code edits, and such. So you end up with a few devs and lot of cooks. But other platforms have the same issues. I see allot of people changing a few esthetics of a ROM or copying and pasting from other ROMs and releasing something like they have made something new. That though is not development. Few could fight their way through smali changes, or code edits.

Even more is the time and patience required to do true development. I always say If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem. My advice is better start saving for your sgs 3.

Upvote 0
If your definition of development is basically the same base ROM with a few minor modifications repackaged under a new name and proclaimed as something new then yes you are right there are allot of hacks like that on here. You can find plenty of that on other devices.

True development, the modification of code and published in accordance to the GPL or GNU is lacking here. I know of only 3 persons who actively worked on this phone who actually have even github accounts. I don't see actual developers moving on this platform. First off its old in comparison to other phones, and its slow. The single core tries its best but can not compare to what's been out in the market for sometime.

Also true developers were always lacking. Yeah you can find allot of guys calling themselves developers but they have no clue about the platform, the code edits, and such. So you end up with a few devs and lot of cooks. But other platforms have the same issues. I see allot of people changing a few esthetics of a ROM or copying and pasting from other ROMs and releasing something like they have made something new. That though is not development. Few could fight their way through smali changes, or code edits.

Even more is the time and patience required to do true development. I always say If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem. My advice is better start saving for your sgs 3.

Your definitely right... I always wanted to help out with that but I never have the time in between school and chores... Some day ill be able to understand the codes and stuff

Upvote 0
The reason the prevail and warp have so many developers is because they are cheap phones. Easy to brick and easy to replace.

If more people took the initiative like the other devs have then you may get more support. Just my opinion on the topic. But I hope people do come through and start developing.

Maybe if you did like the warp forum did.. buy a Dev the phone.. you would get something going.

Upvote 0
The reason the prevail and warp have so many developers is because they are cheap phones. Easy to brick and easy to replace.

If more people took the initiative like the other devs have then you may get more support. Just my opinion on the topic. But I hope people do come through and start developing.

Maybe if you did like the warp forum did.. buy a Dev the phone.. you would get something going.

I agree with cheap part , this phone is definitely expensive. I just wish I had some knowledge then I wouldn't mind helping out myself.

Upvote 0
All it takes is a lil reading. From what I remember The Great Hroark 13 and Blood never knew anything when they started. Just read. I'm reading now but for the gs2. Good luck all

Google, xda, and many other sources really help. I agree with Rally, but a lot of people generally need a nudge in the right direction or a mentor who has the time and patience it takes to mold a new and solid developer. That is unless you are just really good with it when you dive in. I.. am not. :D

Reactions: braxton355
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones