1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

This S4 is a bit of an upgrade over my Samsung Galaxy EpicGeneral

1. bls

bls Well-Known Member

Yes, I waited a long time to upgrade my phone, mainly because I was able to squeeze such a long productive life out of the Samsung Galaxy Epic 4G I got back in Oct 2010. So when the new S4 arrived, I thought it might be useful to run some benchmarks and speed tests on both phones. Results below.

[​IMG]

So you could safely say it's an improvement. :D

Advertisement
    :
    robhs likes this.
  2. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat actually. Except I haven't been able to get the S4 yet. It's only a matter of time though. Do you miss the physical keyboard? I use the heck out of mine.
  3. bls

bls Well-Known Member

I really liked having the keyboard as a fall-back on the Epic when I had to type out something that Swype was annoyingly auto-correcting into the wrong word. But given that so many manufacturers are giving up on slider phones I don't know that we have much choice.

I've only had it up and running for about 18 hours at this point. But to be honest with a little more patience and practice I expect to adapt to life without a keyboard without too much trouble.

One gripe I have: so many times I've been in a web browser on a phone had to tediously type in my main email address. If there is some way to get the S4 to remember that email as a shortcut of some sort, someone should let me know!
  4. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Well-Known Member

I'm glad you like it. I picked up the S4 today and it's pretty awesome so far. I thought I would miss the keyboard, but if you turn it sideways you can still use the onscreen keyboard in the same manner. While it's not quite the same as the physical keyboard, I'm sure I'll get used to it.
  5. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

Add your email to your dictionary in settings > language and input
  6. bls

bls Well-Known Member

Thanks, great tip!

I think this may have happened automagically - I typed my email into several web pages and now it seems to guess my email address once I swype my first name, which is convenient enough.