• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thoughts about LG G Flex??

not liking either of the curved displays (LG or sammy).
whats the point really?
do they offer any real additional benefit? other than just being totally different?

a flexible display that could be rolled up / out would be much more practical.
you could have a 3" display for regular 'phone/ sms' stuff then roll it out for more large screen applications like games, browsing and so on.

until then, these won't sell IMHO.

Upvote 0
not liking either of the curved displays (LG or sammy).
whats the point really?
do they offer any real additional benefit? other than just being totally different?

a flexible display that could be rolled up / out would be much more practical.
you could have a 3" display for regular 'phone/ sms' stuff then roll it out for more large screen applications like games, browsing and so on.

until then, these won't sell IMHO.

yea i dont see the point curved flexy displays.
all i can think is that it wouldnt break if u dropped it.

Upvote 0
I agree. And I dont think these curved displays will last. Just another fad theyre trying to create to get your money. If the ability to bend makes then more crack resistant, then I can see the screens being used in regular phones, but who the hell wants to walk around with a bent phone???

Remember the very short lived 3D fad? I can see this on that same track.

Upvote 0
I agree. And I dont think these curved displays will last. Just another fad theyre trying to create to get your money. If the ability to bend makes then more crack resistant, then I can see the screens being used in regular phones, but who the hell wants to walk around with a bent phone???

Remember the very short lived 3D fad? I can see this on that same track.

i feel like it wouldnt be a sturdy device or a good viewing device . i cant image watching a video on a curved device. but idk how this flexibility will work.

Upvote 0
I say it is a great idea. G Flex actually has some flexibility to the whole phone. The curved display helps the viewing experience by filling even part of your peripheral vision and by reducing glare. Also think of how it will fit to the curvature of your face...please raise your hand if you have a flat face, or a flat leg (like when you put the phone in your pocket). The curve would bring the speaker closer your ear and the mic closer to your mouth. Think about it people, lg even put in a slightly flexible battery. I love the idea and almost passed up the g2 but I we afraid the flex wouldn't make it to the US.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones