Thoughts on the Golden Globes?

1. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Watched some of it last night (stayed up for the ending but missed most of the beginning).
    What did you folks think of the awards? Deserving?
    A lot were pretty predictable. Obviously, Homeland would sweep everything (still haven't seen it). Surprised about Girls. Just started watching an episode for the first time. Eh, not bad, but not something I'd really follow.
    Glad Les Mis got a couple. Sorry about Lincoln. While I haven't seen it, can imagine it's awesome.
    Still haven't seen Argo but guess I should give it a shot once it comes out. No interest in Zero Dark Thirty.
    Curious to see how it affects the Oscars next month.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Speed Daemon

Speed Daemon Disabled

Looks like the "Weekend Update girls" killed last night. And the joke about Bill Clinton being Hillary's husband is fresh once again! Funny back when she ran for Senate, and funny last night.
  3. breadnatty08

Ah jeez! I they did fine but loved Will Ferrel and Kristen Wiig, especially Tommy Lee Jones' face during it. :)
  4. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

I was surprised that Quentin Tarantino won best screenplay, but Django was AMAZING. I just thought another flick/writer/director would have won. Don Cheadle def deserved best actor in comedy tv series. House of Lies is awesome too. No surprise on Homeland. Highly recommend it to anyone that hasn't already begun watching it.
  5. breadnatty08

I was a little surprised about Tarantino's win, but like you said it was amazing. I'm sure Spielburg was pissed about not winning though.