• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thumbnail viewer

mylinuxbox

Nov 26, 2009
Is there an application that will allow you to browse to a folder on your phone/SD care and view the photos inside?

If it were on a linux PC I would be installing GThumb, on windows ACDSEE.

I have tried Photo Burst. It crashes and I had to reset the phone.

I have tried Picture Viewer but the latest version does not pan at all.

The only way to do something like this with the stock viewer is to have all your photos in the root of the sdcard in folders or within download. Not really the neatest way of doing this.

Any ideas?

Try the app called Astro File Manager. This does what you want. BUT YOU DONT NEED TO!!

With your Hero, you DO NOT need to put them in the root f your sdcard, or in downloads. All you need to do is create a new folder in your sdcard, name it anything (such as Sexy Pics), then put (sexy) photos in it. In the stock viewer there will be a new album called "sexy pics".

Create as many folders as you want, a folder with pics == a gallery in stock viewer.

For example, I have:

sdcard/pics/sexy me pics
sdcard/pics/gorgeous me pics

in my gallery i have the albums;

gorgeous me pics
sexy me pics

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones