• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tiered data - how much *is* actually 2GB of use?

so i have verizon and my limit od data usage is 2GB.. so i check my verizon data and it says i have used 0.193GB did i go over my data usage??? :thinking:

No, you have used .193GB and you are allowed 2.000GB. You still have 1.807GB's of data that you can use before you go over your limit. You have used just under 10% of your allowed amount.

Upvote 0
So I am MORE than ready to upgrade my "antique" Eris. I currently have an unlimited data plan. Will I still be grandfathered if I upgrade to a 4G device? What if I get the new phone through Amazon? Amazon has a much better price on the phone I want Samsung Galaxy Nexus. But the savings won't be worth it I'm forced to downgrade to a capped data plan. I don't come anywhere near 2 GB a month now and Verizon is still offering 4 GB for the price of 2, but with a shiny new phone like that, I would use a lot more data.

Upvote 0
So I am MORE than ready to upgrade my "antique" Eris. I currently have an unlimited data plan. Will I still be grandfathered if I upgrade to a 4G device? What if I get the new phone through Amazon? Amazon has a much better price on the phone I want Samsung Galaxy Nexus. But the savings won't be worth it I'm forced to downgrade to a capped data plan. I don't come anywhere near 2 GB a month now and Verizon is still offering 4 GB for the price of 2, but with a shiny new phone like that, I would use a lot more data.

You'll be grandfathered.

Reactions: nomarsgirl
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones