• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tiny wings equivelant?

Fex.
Just a thought. Why don't you release beta version here with one island to test (also will check compatibility with older devices)
I'd really would like like to check out the game and add my 2 pennies.
Ps. The game looks fantastic at this stage. I think that most important thing will be how smooth the game is and physics. Graphics are not that important. If the gameplay sucks (framerate and gravity) graphics won't help here.

Upvote 0
Fex.
Just a thought. Why don't you release beta version here with one island to test (also will check compatibility with older devices)
I'd really would like like to check out the game and add my 2 pennies.
Ps. The game looks fantastic at this stage. I think that most important thing will be how smooth the game is and physics. Graphics are not that important. If the gameplay sucks (framerate and gravity) graphics won't help here.

Fex already announced that he will be releasing some games to people he has on his list late tonight into all sunday with a hopeful release late sunday or early monday! we just need to wait because the longer we wait the better the game will be and the better it is the less problems there will be which will cause a much happier customer! Fex is working hard and he wants it out just as much as we all do if not more!:)

Upvote 0
Few questions: how will dillo hills fair on Droid 1? being made for more newer phones (droid x, droid 2, thunderbolt, etc)?

Dillo Hills is being developed in AIR, and should run reasonably well on any device with AIR support (including, shortly after the Android release, iOS and Blackberry devices).

We are still putting a few final touches on the game before sending it to testers to try on other phones (we're especially looking for people with older models to check the rendering performance), but we will do everything we can to get the game running on as many devices as we can without sacrificing gameplay quality! :D

will there be achievements/challenges? Like stay in the air for so long, hit so many slopes on island, collect all "stars" on certain island, etc.

This is something that's definitely on the whiteboard, as long as time allows. Obviously, getting the main gameplay polished comes before metagaming, but I suspect we'll have plenty of time to work on it. :)

Upvote 0
Can we have a status update on the game fex?

The remaining development schedule looks something like this, in no particular order:

-Audio programming
-Finishing touches on the last few gameplay obstacles
-Interface/menus
-Metagaming, [hopefully] OpenFeint integration
-Android-specific functionality, copy protection
-Playtesting, polish, tweaking

Reactions: DilHil
Upvote 0
There is an old one but from the picture he posted yezterday it looks like a TON has changed. Also.fax i was wondering if the style of the land will change dailey like tiny wings does

The style of each level's landscape, along with the actual shape of the terrain itself, will both be generated on a random basis. We haven't decide if we want to update the random seed daily, or hourly, or on every single game play - it's something we're currently getting feedback on to see what works best. :)

New video is processing right now - I'll be starting a new thread with some updated screenshots and more information about the game shortly. :)

Upvote 0
Hello fex. This game you guys are making, Dillo Hills looks very impressive! But one main concern is the backround, sound fx, music, the character and the character's movement is not RELAXING. I have been testing Tiny Wings, and this game is RELAXING, the bird is chill, music addicting, backrounds facinating, and the bird's movement ain't wierd. The rolling that Dillo has, makes me think, why ain't you guys aiming for a new character, this character dosn't seem to be addicting. THE MOST PURCHASED GAMES FOR ANDROID & IOS IS THE ADDICTING GAMES. ALL THE RELAXING MUSIC, THE COLOUR USED, THE MUSIC AND THE MAIN THINGS LIKE THAT. Make this game more colourful, make a new character, no bear kinda animal, make colourful icelands, relaxing music, no guitar music, relaxing instruments. Make the game more addicting and more funplay. I really hope you take some advantage of this tips. WE WANT THIS GAME TO BE THE WORLD'S MOST ADDICTING ANDROID APP! COLOURS! Thankyou, AndroidGame.

Reactions: Sarrith
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones