• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tips on how to speed up internet connection?

My LG Optimus V's internet connection speed is fine; I am satisfied with it and I'm not having any real problems with it, but speeding it up a bit definitely wouldn't hurt.
If it ain't broken, ... :)

I'd love some tips/tricks that might quicken the connection a bit. Thanks.
1) move your phone closer to the connecting tower
2) disable all other users (Sprint, VM, & Boost) that are sharing that tower

Don't mean to be a smart-ass, but realistically these would be the most effective "tips/tricks"--whether doable that's another story... ;)

Upvote 0
Moving closer to the tower might give you a better signal (RSSI), but if the tower is already saturated, nothing ain't gonna help your speed.

Some older towers are only fed with (1) T-1 line, Max speed 1.5mbps...Max speed available to users 1.2mbps....Depends on HOW many people are using that tower, and WHAT they're doing (streaming video, downloading, etc).

If it ain't broken, ... :)

1) move your phone closer to the connecting tower
2) disable all other users (Sprint, VM, & Boost) that are sharing that tower

Don't mean to be a smart-ass, but realistically these would be the most effective "tips/tricks"--whether doable that's another story... ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones