• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Titanium Backup Update Issues?

mslisaj

Android Enthusiast
Feb 11, 2010
Klamath Falls, Oregon
I have been using Titanium very successfully to save my phone, apps and data. Today I got a notice that there was an update in the market. This would be the third update Titanium has put out since I have been using the application. The initial installation and two of the updates went smoothly without trouble. When I ran the update and installation today and started the program, the initial screen had a process box that says "Searching Application data........" and a circle running......... The start up of the program never went past this point. This was updating FROM v3.2.5 TO v3.2.6. I could close the program and reopen it and it was still "Searching". I shut the phone down, pulled the battery, rebooted the phone, opened the program and it was still "Searching". Luckily I had a recent Nandroid Backup and I did a restore which of course took me back to Titanium v3.2.5.

My question is, being this is a very popular program, has anyone had this type of problem and how did you fix it?

Any idea's what could be the problem? Luckily for me v3.2.5 works very well for me but it appears I will not be able to update past this point.......

I appreciate your comments...........

Lisa :thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones