1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Tmobile blocked my free hotspot tethering

1. panamabrian56

panamabrian56 New Member

Tmobile has blocked my free hotspot/tethering on my rooted Samsung Exhibit II prepaid plan. Worked great a few days ago and now when I attempt to connect I get directed to their "hotspot upsell page". I have tried Barnacle and PDAnet to no avail. Anybody know of any workarounds?

Advertisement
    :
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Are you subscribed to an actual tethering plan, as in are you paying for one?
  3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

I guess that is why it was blocked. It wasn't legitimate and they found out.
    damewolf13 and breadnatty08 like this.
  4. panamabrian56

panamabrian56 New Member

Dread; I am not subscribed to a plan. One of the primary reason I rooted my phone was for free hotspot access. I'm wondering if anyone has a workaround for this.
  5. gregs887

gregs887 Well-Known Member

You can always USB tether, I think that is allowed. Other than that you played the game, got caught, and the ride is over.
  6. danaj

danaj Well-Known Member

Change the user agent string on your laptop or computer browser to match the one on your phone's browser, it will work. I have done it, and I am with Tmobile.
    arrhythmia and mikedt like this.
  7. micg576

micg576 New Member

this does work. i use user agent switcher extention with google chrome
    mikedt likes this.
  8. mrsdrogers59

mrsdrogers59 New Member

Here is a person I found while looking to unlock my exibit4g. t mobile did the same to me, hot spot worked great. Then they blocked it. told Me they could change my services any time, because i'm pre pay. So here's to us all, He sounds like he can help.
    Good luck to every one.

Follow JR Raphael here:

http://m.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3OA//www.jrstart.com/&h=DAQFjwLi_&s=1
  9. Joelgp83

Joelgp83 Well-Known Member

Getting a "Page Not Found" error from Facebook. Bad Link?