• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [TMobile] Easiest way to root for a newb

joebek424

Lurker
May 12, 2014
OK- I have a LG Optimus F6 on T-Mobile and I'd like to root it to get rid of some of the bloatware and free up some space on the phone. I have NEVER rooted a phone before. I have been reading and reading, and some things make sense and others seem like they're in a different language.

Would someone be willing to help me out, and explain it to me step-by-step? I'd appreciate it.

I have same version...D50010h...

Use the alternate rooting method w/ vroot etc. follow it exactly. can't go wrong. At worst, you'll miss a small detail n have to start over a couple times.

A few days ago was my first rooting (besides bricking an ebook reader) and I've messed it up several times and had to reroot.

the worst I got into was a boot loop when I was experimenting yesterday.

I repeat, if you follow the instructions for alternate root method, it works for the D50010h. I tried other ways that sounded simpler... However, if it doesn't work for your phone, it is not simpler. Use what these guys who know what they're doing have figured out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones