• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

to task kill or not to task kill

The only reason I kill any task is (like in linux) it is hanging. Sometimes that happens. Now, sometimes, out of boredom I will use the Go Launcher task manager :)eek:), but I'll admit that is mostly just to see that fancy animation of available ram.... (bad i know :()

But, if you use a task kill only to kill tasks that are misbehaving, that's fine. Killing a task when you're done using it this time might not be the best move.

;)

Upvote 0
Then you are one of the very few people who actually know how to use a Task Killer. LOL. Vast majority are still too much weaned on Windows that they set to auto-kill every cycle or so. And those people at the stores aren't helping either.

Well the proper use of such programs should be touted, instead of a blanket rule that they don't do anything, as they are useful, if used right.

Every tool has a use.
v

If you're killing only misbehaving apps, then you don't need to install a "task killer." You can use the built-in Android task manager just fine.

There is no way to know which of the 10-15 programs in the background that auto started are acting up, would take toooooo long to do them one at a time, over using ATK to kill everything you don't need in one simple click.

Upvote 0
There is no way to know which of the 10-15 programs in the background that auto started are acting up, would take toooooo long to do them one at a time, over using ATK to kill everything you don't need in one simple click.
Maybe using ATK in the first place is what's causing you the problem. I don't have issues with programs causing problems. I do occasionally have programs not respond, and then Android will prompt me to wait until the program beings responding again or to quit it right away.

Reactions: Crashdamage
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones