• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Toggle Widget Visibility On or Off...

kblanco

Feb 2, 2015
Okay, so I'm curious. I've looked in the Play Store but can't really find what I'm looking for and I'm curious if anyone has heard of such a thing. I've really gotten into artistic pics for my Android wallpaper. But I don't want to mar it up with my clock widget, I'm on the Moto G but using the Moto Z clock widget which I can't change the transparency of.

I'd really like to show my wallpaper off without a clock widget, the Moto Z or any other clock widget, marring up the wallpaper. I'd like to know if there's a widget that can be toggled on/off to make it visible or not thus showing the wallpaper when it's off and showing the widget when it's on? So you can have your pretty wallpaper, then when you double tap it - say the center - the widget appears. Double tap it again and the widget disappears. It's not the end of the world, it's just something nice I was thinking about...

I've since found an app in the Play Store called Snap Swipe Drawer. It allows you to put a widget in a second notification type shade. You can play with the settings and decide how you want to swipe it down - left, center or right flick. I've got it set up with Nova Launcher to use the double tap feature to come down and then you flick it back up. It's interesting and I might keep it but was curious what else is out there?

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones